So I am wondering about going out all night and drinking but I heard horror stories about becoming hypoglycemic (even though I am not diabetic).  I heard about drinking too much can make a person go into a hypoglycemic coma.  So how much is too much to drink?  I mean , how much does a person have to drink to become comatose from hypoglycemia?  I just want to avoid getting that far. 

Hello Guest!  So you are worried about becoming hypoglycemic while drinking alcohol?  I know that this is a concern for diabetics.  Drinking alcohol in excess can end up giving them hypoglycemia so it would be a great concern for them to drink too much in one night.  As far as a person who is not diabetic? I have not seen any evidence of hypoglycemia occurring in a non-diabetic person from too much alcohol.  However, too much alcohol can cause other problems.  It is harmful to your brain, your heart, raising blood pressure, taxes your liver, and weakens your immune system, to name a few.  So if you are worried about your blood sugar, you may want to consider that being intoxicated mimics hypoglycemia.  You would be disoriented which makes it unsafe for you and others around you when you exercise poor judgment.  You don't want to become a statistic.  Please be sensible when drinking.  Eat food like pizza or other types of party food to help absorb the alcohol that you do drink.  Allow some time in between drinks so you don't become intoxicated.

No, I don’t believe anyone can go into a hyper or hypoglycemic episode unless they are diabetic. It is dangerous in so many ways to drink too much and it hurts not only yourself but others too. Dude, take care of yourself and be careful of your drinking around others. Be cool.