Hello. I'm 39 year old male and have an 11 year history of alcohol abuse. I admit that I drink but I like to say that I still keep everything in “normal limits”.
Like I said I started as a very young and when I was starting the alcohol felt really well and so I become addictive.
About a year ago I quit with drinking because my wife and daughter told me that they will leave me if I not do so.
But, about a month ago I started to feel some stomach pain and I think they could be caused by long history of alcohol drinking.
I have heard that alcohol can damage liver but I don’t know anything about its effect on stomach! Please help!

I don’t know what to say about this but that I would give a medal to your wife and daughter because, living with an alcoholic is the worst experience that one woman can afford to her self. I know all that because my brother was alcoholic and I remember that my mother had really serious problems with him. Beside the fact that alcohol can cause alcoholic liver cirrhosis I can cause big defects on your stomach wall. The problem is that these stomach problems caused or aggravated by excessive drinking may not disappear once the drinking stops. You could suffer from them to the rest of your life. Beside his affect on stomach wall, it can cause also a Pancreatitis- inflammation of normal pancreas tissue. This could also be your problem because it is causing strong abdominal pains. You will never know what the right cause of your problems until you contact your GP. Good luck!

I'm not a big drinker, but I do enjoy a glass or 2 of red wine, a beer when it's really hot, or a social drink w/ friends. When I drink wine or beer, I'm fine. But sometimes, when I drink alcohol (esp. schnapps, rum or other sweet alcohol), I get a unbelievable burning pain in the middle area right under my sternum. In my 20's, it would last for about 5-10 minutes. Now (I'm in my 40's), it can last up to an hour. What could be causing this? I've heard everything from ulcer to gallbladder.

When I drink schnapps, rum or other sweet alcohol, I get an unbelievable burning pain in my stomach. Sometimes, I get the same pain when I drink sweetened fruit tea (like snapple) I'm ok if I drink wine or beer. I've heard it could be everything under the sun from ulcers to gallbladder issues. Help!

When I drink alcohol and sugar I also get intense stomach pain (burning). I've had this for over ten years (I had my first episode in my early twenties). I don't know what causes it but my solution is to avoid the combination of the two. For example, I drink Rum and diet coke instead of rum and coke. I also avoid desert for a few minutes after I have stopped drinking.

I've been getting the same episodes. I'm 29. It started about maybe 4/5 years ago. I was a heavy drinker during my early years of college. Then I stopped and settled for the smoother coctail type drinks. When I did begin to drink harder alcohol, I couldn't stomach it. I would get cramps for about 30 minutes. I went to the doctor and he mentioned something about irritated stomach lining and gave me a sample of some medication to take...(which didn't help). The only think I can drink are the coctails that do not have strong alcohol content.

I have something like this as well. For some reason I can't drink larger/cider or wine. Only vodka and diet drinks will suit.

Can someone please tell me why after I drink something sweet like a wine cooler or sometimes even coke I get these sharp pains in my chest. It started when I was about 19 and still happens to this day I'm 27. I eat tons of candy and I never get the pains, it's only when I drink sugary alcohol. I did find it helpful to lay down in the fetal position when the pain comes but it's a little hard to do when you are at a party.

hey man chest pains may be caused by anxiety or stress attacks (drinking has proven to make them worse)

I'm ashamed to say that I experienced a night of heavy drinking two days ago. I drank very much on a fairly empty stomach. It has been two whole days since then, and my I am still experiencing a pretty large amount of stomach discomfort. It's hard to explain, but it feels like a cross between feeling like I'm going to be sick and at the same time feeling very very hungry. I'm not a heavy drinker normally, so I don't know if this is common.

Anyone have any ideas? It would be most helpful.

i am 31 yr old female, i had my gallbladder removed 2yrs ago, and recently i have begun to have intense burning that seems to penetrate to my back when i drink sugary alcohol, redbull and jager, or magarita especially! so i have research pancreatitis and stomach ulcers, the criteria do not match really, so what is going on? i do not drink often but lately when i do it is ruined with this pain, lasts for 5 min to an hour and is not relieved with vomiting..... it is very powerful.....

I just got back from the doctor who has diagnosed I have a stomach ulcer. I have been given tablets and told to not drink or smoke. I have been drinking several drinks a day for ten years and smoke a packet a day. I dont know how to stop drinking or smoking but I really need to for my health!!

hi im a 24 female ive been a heavy binge drinker since i was about 14. i drink about 2-3 times a week to the point of beening munted and so hung the next day i vomit most the next day, you would say why do i drink then the truth is i carnt help it ? just been doing it for so long don't no how to re- lax anyother way
''even if my guts akes all the time'', i''t stop when i get pissed enough''. i think its the drinking just wnt to no what could be the cause of the pain the effect could i die or what

thanks

I have that same feeling and I had my gallbladder out 2 1/2 years ago. The feeling I get is pretty much like the pain I had with gall stones. My doctor told me it's a bad case of heartburn or indigestion (even though it doesn't feel like that at all). I take Zantac 150 and the pain goes away within about 10 minutes. I usually take it before I drink alcohol and then I don't get the pain at all. Good luck! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who suffers from this.

I have been having the same problems for the past 4 to 5 years. I have found I can only drink arbor mist, beer, and some liquers. Everything else (even if I just have one drink of it) gives me a severe stabbing/ burning pain in my abdomen and lower back area. I am only 22, and I have never been a heavy drinker. I actually dont drink very often now because the pain is so terrible, luckily it only lasts for about 30 minutes. My doctor tried to tell me it was acid reflux, but that gives you heart burn and chest pain. My problems are lower down, so I do not believe this to be the case. Also sometimes the next morning, I have a dark greenish stool. So I am wondering if this is a liver problem?? Anyone got any ideas, or having the same problem.
I'm still young, and I would like to enjoy partying with my friends, instead of being the DD every single time.