I've been having the same problem for months now. I went from having rock hard erections every day (and usually throughout the day) to barely being able to get erection. Sometimes not at all. I used just have a single thought and I was hard in 10 seconds.

It all happened about 6 months ago. One day I had masturbated one day and then all the problems with my erections started. all my morning erections stop ( I get them sometimes now but their still soft). I don't even having erotic dreams anymore and I used to have them all the time.

I went to a Urologist twice and had all the tests, but he said couldn't detect anything wrong? I'm not fat or anything. In fact, I workout all the time and I'm only 26 years old. Have I just masturbated too much? Is there such a thing?

There have been two times however where my erections seemed to return back to normal only for a short period. One I had fell asleep in the middle of the day and woke up to find that my penis was fully erect, but then it quickly went away. The other time was in the morning When I got up, I had noticed that my erections was back to normal and stayed that way throughout most of the day, but then went back to limp again.

Those two times were months ago. and since then, it hasn't went back to normal even for a short period of time.

I'm sorry to go on and on, but I've just been very frustrated.

Hi: Since you have already been tested by a urologist and he found nothing this is a great 1st step. As with women - with low labidos - a LOT of it is caused by mental stress and fatigue. So try and think if you are experiencing changes in your life that are overwhelming you! This is 1st, if everything is the same as before, then I would suspect it is an hormonal emblance. As I'm sure you are aware women and men have estrogen and testosterone in their blood system. Men have more Test and women more estrogen. But these 2 hormones have to have synchonicity to work well for the individual. So I would suspect - with your lack of erections - that you are probably low in testosterone. Have your normal GP test your hormone levels. You can get Testosterone in transdermal patch - just like the nicotine patch. This might even be a short term option for you, even if there is no abnormality in your blood test. Ask you doctor I cannot see he/she denying you this as you have stated you are in good shape and are young. Testosterone CAN have effects on the heart. So that is something to think about. If it's not stress or anxiety it is probably hormonal. And NO there is no such thing as masturbating too much, as long as you don't give yourself a rash or hurt yourself. Good luck

Hi, I've actually already been tested for low testosterone, and the test results came back as normal.

When You said stress might be a reason why I've been having these problems, that kinda sounds like it might be the cause. I do think I have been under alot more stress over the last year then ever before. If that is the case, then the stress of this problem couldn't be helping either.

Thanks alot for your reply. I really appreciate!

You're welcome! Stress is a HUGE factor in many ailments. We ALL need to have time outs once in awhile. Good luck on reaxing.

Bambi27 is totally right! Stress can cause a lot of issues with erections. Normally, I have pretty regular erections in the mornings but about a year ago I noticed that they stopped. On top of that, I started to get migraines and there was no apparent medical cause. I started meditating and it helped out immensely. My erections got stronger and the headaches went away. It's strange to think that your mind can have such an effect on your body but it does. How are things going for you now?

I still having the same problems, but atleast I think I now know what the problem came from.

I used to think agout guys having problems like that because of strees was more fiction then anything else, or that it happened more to older guys. Obviously, I can see now that's not true.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

You know that the amount of younger people with stress related illness's has risen by over 500% in the last 10 years? With texting, computers, facebook, cell phones, tv, video games, work, music etc. Our brains are alway at a heightened state, so we can't calm down. Our minds are even over active when we are at rest. A lot of young people can't remember their dreams!!! This is from lack of real deep sleep. I have both of my boys sit in their rooms, with the window open and fresh air in there instead of AXE!!! ;-) o.O And just focus on rubbing a stone - they are called palm stones. It is basically a form of meditation, all you do is just close your eyes, breath in through your mouth and out through your nose - regular. And rub the stone in your hand, if any external stimuli comes into your mind, or thoughts, re focus on your breathing and rubbing the stone. This has helped my boys and my husband too no end.

You know the Actress and Actor Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell? Well their son was/is an amazing hockey player. So they moved their entire family up to Vancouver BC - where there was a special school for hockey players. At the school, they incorporated a meditation room, using the above techniques and others to relax their students. Do you know that in 1 year the childrens grades rose by 37%!!!!!!! The curriculum didn't change, just the ability of the kids to learn how to relax. So give it a try! We all need to get back to listening to our bodies more, because if we don't one day our bodies are going to make us listen!!! Good luck hun and just breathe!!!!

Wow, I have been going through the same thing, although I'm 28. A high libido was something I never even thought twice about. However, last year I went through a divorce and overnight my libido disappeared. I've had bouts of depression before with no sexual side effects, which is why this surprised me so much. Not only are my erections soft now, but I just never want sex anymore. Even if I'm making out with a girl, I just don't get that "spark" to want to go further. I have to force myself and the whole while worried that I can maintain anything close to a decent erection for sex. This has lead to a few very embarrassing moments. This is pretty much all I think about these days. I'm on lexapro, but I've been on that for years with no sexual side effects. I've been tested for testosterone levels and its normal. So frustrating and worrying that its never going to return.

I agree with Bambi27. Stress, anxiety and depression can have a drastic impact on a man's sex life.

I'm not a doctor but I have a couple of tips that may help you:

a) You've already consulted a urologist, which was a very sensible thing to do. What kind of tests did you do? Are you on some kind of medication (Viagra, Cialis, Vigamed)? ED is a complex, multifactorial condition and testosterone is not the only thing that can influence your sexual performance. Maybe you should get a second opinion (e.g. go to a urology clinic) and do more tests.

b) Do some research on the subject of sexual performance anxiety. Read books, talk to doctors, search the Internet. The more you know about these problems, the less stressful they will be. (I suggest you read some of the books by Tom F. Lue, he's a brilliant urologist and a world authority in this field)

c) If possible, take a nap or a hot shower before sex. This can do wonders for your performance. The warm water will relax you and dilate the vessels that bring blood into the penis to form an erection.

d) A healthy lifestyle is the #1 ED treatment. Eat healthy, lose weight, don't smoke.

e) Impotence and a decreased sex drive are among the potential sexual side effects with Lexapro. Make sure you're not taking any meds that can have sexual side effects.

Keep us posted on your progress. Good luck!

Good points metropolis! BUT I would like to ask confused a question - do you usually watch porn, or look at other stimuli? Also when you went through the divorce, did your ex say anything or do anything demeaning to you about your sexuality - as in cheated on you, stated something about how a lousy lover you were etc.?

I have a problem of weak and most of time no erection. I consulted a sexologist in Lahore Pakistan. He treated me for 10 weeks. During this treatment he also asked me to do masturbate after every two days. which I did. During his treatment I did sex with my girlfriend 3 times. During sex I get full erection and my ejaculation time was almost 45-50 minutes. After his treatment I am more ill. I did not get erection on morning or night, during masturbation, with my girlfriend. I then contacted a homeo dr in Lahore. He checked me and said that I have sexual weakness. I remained under his treatment for more than a year but cannot satisfied. Now 2 months before I consulted a qualified psycho-sexologist Dr Haris Burki in Lahore. On first visit he advised me to go for medical examination. Detail of my Medical exam is as under:

P.S.A 0.871 normal value <4

H.B.A 1C 5.6% normal value 4.2-6.2

Prolactin 6.5 normal value 1-18

DHEA SO4 217.5 normal value 80-560

Free Testosterone 0.23ng/dl normal value 0.3 - 1.9

FSH 2.6 See Dr

LH 5.1 See Dr

As can be verified from my above tests, I have low Free Testosterone. Dr told me that I have a very low level and my erection problem is also due to this low level. After This Dr suggested me following doze:

Tab Proviron (2 + 2)

Tab Stablon (1 + 1+ 1)

Cap Romega (1 + 1)

Cap Actitone (1 after breakfast)

Cap Fertile-S (1 + 1)

Tab Clomid (1 in night)

Tab Folic Acid (1+2)

Tab Bevidox (2+2)

I am using these medicines since last 2 months. I am not feeling any improvement in my erectile function. I am very much tense due to my erection problem. Please guide me whether I will be cured? Is my Dr doze is good for my treatment? Please give me your advise.

Thanks

Shoaib

It sounds porn related ED. If you watch porn often? C

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Porn cause ED big time! Sound like your issue, and you have to stop watching porn, to reboot and get your erections back! Good luck!

Hiya can I have some advise I have been with my bf 6 weeeks and at first he got a erection so quick but the other day I suggested we ha be sex at work cos it was our last day and at first he got a semi erection but then it we nt and I tryed to get him hard again it didnt work I stormed off thinking he wasnt attractes to md anymore I later found out that he was scared ov getting caught by someone and ever since then he has found it hard to get hard I have been in tears tginking its me he aint attracted to anymore I have asked him if its me and he promises me every minute ov t he day that he is really attracted t to me but he said that when we try to start sex he gets worried that he wont get a erection and he doesnt get one pleae help me im so worried its me

I have had the same problem as minniapolisguy for about a year and I'm sure is stress. I have also been to multiple urologists and there is no medical issue. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue. I have always been proud of my sexual abilities and now I don't work. If it is stress and I'm sure it is I need some ideas of how to relax before sex. Especially in spur of the moment, pick her up at a bar and take her home sex.

I'm 24 years old, was released from prison 4 months ago, was masturbating basically every single day while in prison, couldn't "WAIT to get out and get laid, Then I come home, and I noticed for the first 3 months that I couldn't orgasm when I was having sex with a woman, but I could orgasm while I was watching porn?Now I'm impotent!! The same things have been happening to me, Like RANDOMLY ill get an erection in the morning or when I wake up, and I can make myself orgasm masturbating to porn, but my penis isn't Actually Hard while doing this, which SUCKSI smoke, im on Methadone, and I take a LOT of Lyrica daily. AlL I can say thats Different is that for a YEAR I had ZERO Stress while in prison, except for the occasional having to see someone get stabbed up out in the yardTHEN I COME HOME, and I have NO clothes, I just feel like im Suffering - every day, like I'm Very depressed. I just feel like such a Hurtbag...now I can't even get Hard? WTF, its been 2 months nowwtf WTFim still going to smoke, i have to wait another 2 weeks to see my doctor too, so Thats on my mind. so humiliating. signing off