Do you think that drinking alcohol might be weight gain related? I like drinking those liquors of vanilla and chocolate but only occasionally and on normal small doses. Sometimes when I go party I drink bear or wine and lately I had so many parties where much alcohol was present. So I wonder if drinking alcohol might have caused me some weight gain

No I don't think so for if you ask me relation between drinking alcohol and weight gain is only a myth. You see my husband used to drink a lot, I mean he never was alcohol dependant nor he suffered abuse of alcohol disorder. But during all his alcohol period he was so skinny I was jealous of his perfect physical line. I am not saying you should keep on drinking alcohol actually it is contrary – my advice for you is actually to stop drinking for with so many parties with alcohol around you risk to become an alcohol dependent which is much worse situation than gaining some weight. Instead try to reconsider the way you are eating or why are you doing that for there's also a possibility that you eat ot nervous-mental bases and you are not even aware of it and here you have this unwanted weight gain. I remember my husband when decided not to take no more alcohol for health reason- he then suddenly gain some weight so actually it was contrary while he was drinking he was skinny and when he stopped drinking he gained some weight .

I have to disagree - alcohol does cause weight gain in a lot - but not all - people. Most likely it does for women. Myself, 2 good friends of mine who are female, and others I know of all suffer from this. Men, on the other hand, don't seem to be affected at all other than a beer belly.

Alcohol absolutely causes weight gain. You are taking in calories taht provide your body with nothing it needs, these are called "empty calories". Calories are calories, if you take in more than you put out you gain weight.
For the woman who's husband drank alot but stayed skinny- that does happen to people with a substance abuse problem. They are usually drinking in place of eating so for them the alcohol is not extra calories but usually the main source of calories. Thats why there can be weight gain after quitting drinking, alcohol is replaced by food and the food choices are usually high fat/high calorie/low nutrition.

Alcoholic drinks will cause weight gain. Fact. If you are not gaining weight when you are drinking it's because your not eating and probably throwing up a lot. Stay away from beer and drinks with high calories. When I drink, I am human after all, I mix my alcohol with a diet soda. Total calories of drink: 50 calories. Fat: 0. If you want to have a drink, drink smart. Good luck.

It's not smart to ingest diet drinks ever. I know as I'm waiting at a clinic while I type this to see a Doc about the blood oozing from my stool. Fact Diet drinks will get you more intoxicated than regular sugar cola etc. The body stores up the aspartame as it really does not know what it is. Too numerous effects even cancer are many more times likely because of aspartame. Let's be truthful...would you feed aspartame dog food to your Dog? I believe long term drinking can erode the esophagus and cause the bleeding as well as pollups in the colon and hemmoroid issues. Cut back on the Booze abstain from diet cola etc and get in to a clinic Is my advice.