I'm on the Depo shot, and have had 3 injections. I've never missed a shot. When me and my boyfriend have sex it's unprotected and he doesn't pull out. Lately I've been having very bad abdominal cramping with slight tender breasts, and VERY little spotting of a light pinkish/brown. I bought a pregnancy test and it came back negative, then the next day the abdominal cramping had'nt stopped so I went to the clinic and told the nurse my symptoms and she gave me a urine pregnancy test which also came back negative, she gave me a pelvic exam and said I may have a tiny cyst on my ovaries, she also said that I was dehydrated. I'm really confused because these are all pregnancy symptoms but also some are Depo symptoms. Does Depo affect pregnancy tests at all???

i know this is a really old post, but i was wondering if you found anything out on the depo messing with pregnancy tests? ive had tender breasts and abdominal pains for about 4 weeks, and just spotted dark brown. took 3 tests in past 2 weeks all negative.