Well, Me and my boyfriend have been together for over a year. we have had sex and everything. first i was on the pill but i kept forgetting to take it so i switched to the Depo Shot. ive been on it for 6months and i go back to get it sometime in Jan. Ive been having pregnancy symptoms for about 2-3 months and its really making me nervous. About 2 months ago i wasnt feeling very well so i went to sleep around 11, woke up at 4 in the morning and was still feeling sick so i layed there for 10 mins, then i went to the bathroom and threw up. I was nausious for about a month straight, all day every day and during that month i ate A TON & i was really tired alot. Then a couple days before the month ended i was feeling better. THen the next month, the same thing happened, i was feeling sick so i went to sleep early and woke up at 4:10 in the morning, sat there for a min, then went to the bathroom and threw up. I have gained about 7 pounds, and now i think/feel like im losing weight. I havent had much of an appetite this month and its weird. My stomach feels bloated, and when i lay down my stomach makes a growling/gargle`ing noise but im not hungry? sometimes it feels like little bubbles are popping and sometimes it feels like just one big bubble pops. On my breasts, on the outside [by my armpits] veins are sticking out.. also on the bottom and top, but not as much on the inside[the middle of my chest].. My stomach always cramps also and it feels like someone is stabbing me kind've. Ive also been getting acne, and i NEVER get acne. I took 2 home pregnancy tests and tehy both said negative but they were the cheap ones. Also for about a month ina half ive been spotting/pretty much on my period, it is sometimes red,dark dark brown/almost black, and sometimes dark brown with a red tint. Could i be pregnant or could all of this be from the Depo Provera Shot? PLEASE HELP!

I FEEL THE SAME WAY TO WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THROWING UP. I'VE BEEN ON THE SHOT ONLY SINCE NOVEMBER OF 07. I ALSO HAVE THE DARK BROWN SPOTS WITH RED TINT SOMETIMES. I FEEL BLOATED ALOT AND NAUSEATED MOST OF THE TIMES. I DO THINK I'M PREGNANT BUT I'M NOT SURE & I HOPE NOT SO I CAN'T GIVE YOU HELP BECAUSE WE BOTH NEED HELP BUT I PRAY FOR THE BEST RESULTS FOR THE BOTH OF US.

I believe that you are dealing with some side - effects that Depo is causing you. Sure, there is always a chance that you ask yourself could I be pregnant, even if you are using something like Depo.

Anyway, to be sure, do the pregnancy test. To be eve more sure, do the blood test. 

Some of those symptoms that you are having can be a result of side - effects, but it can also be pregnancy. I believe that I was reading that there are 1% chances, but who knows - maybe you are in that 1%. Maybe I am too. That is a life. 

This is quite wierd. I too have the same symptoms as you both do. i have been nauseated but havent yet thrown up. my stomach is bloated all the time and i am having the same spotting problem. Maybe it is a side effect of the depo but im not so sure. i have looked up online to see if there is any help but it seems that all there are are these blogs. Home pregnancy tests arent as effective as adoctors test so i would advise going and getting checked. i see now that this was posted a while ago if you found out if you are pregnant plaese contact me. i would love to know as i am worried myself. thanks so much

Im nervous as well because, I know that if you get pregnant while on depo that you could have a premature baby. But I have been on depo for almost a year now. Its almost time for me to get my shot again, but Im bleeding very very heavy and I am having bad cramps. I feel like someone is stabbing me as well. I sometimes even have blood clots. Im very scared because I have took test the last time I had these syptoms and I wasnt pregnant but is it possible that we could really be pregnant?

I took the depo shot about a month ago. (two months after my daughter was stillborn). Im starting to have almost every symptom of pregnancy. Mood swings and all. Has anybody found out if they are pregnant? this morning sickness is killing me. Ive taken 2 pregnancy tests and they have both been neg but my stomach is starting to get hard and i think even poke out a little bit. Has anybody ever gotten pregnant on this thing?

I got on the shot in feb. of 08 and my borfirend and i have been together for a while but in the last few months i have been having pregnancy symtoms sharp pains in my bellybutton. I am having the bleeding w/ like a brown tint , i have been on depo before and never got my period and a couple months ago i thought i was starting my period but the bleeding never stopped some days are heavy some are light and i never know when it comes i wont have it all day then at night i bleed i am really worried i hope i can find some answers

MY SISTER GOT PREGNANT ON THE DEPO SHOT WITH BOTH CHILDREN ALL PREGNANCY TESTS CAME OUT NEGATIVE BUT THEN AGAIN THEY WERE HOME PREGNANCY TESTS SHE FOUNG OUT SHE WAS ABOUT A MONTH ALONG BY TAKING A BLOOD PREGNANCY TEST AS IT IS BETTER IN READING THE HORMONE LEVELS WITH PREGNANCY THRU YOUR BLOOD YOUR COUNT GETS HIGHER WHEN AND IF YOU ARE PREGNANT DEPENDING ON THE COUNT DOCTORS HAVE A ROUGH ESTIMATE OF ABOUT HOW FAR U REALLY ARE UNTIL AN ULTRASOUND CAN BE ADMINISTERED I HAVE BEEN ON THE SAME SHOT SINCE SEPT 07 HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS FOR SOME OF U WITH THE BROWNISH SPOTTING LET ME TELL YOU THAT IS A NORMAL SIDE AFFECT EXPERIENCED BY MANY WOMEN ON THE DEPO BECAUSE THERE IS NO BLOOD COMING OUT BECAUSE THE SHOT DOES NOT ALLOW A NEW EGG TO DROP EVERY MONTH YOUR BLOOD COMES OUT A MUCUS LIKE BROWN SOMETIMES WITH AN ODOR IF IT IS A STRONG LIKE ODOR I SUGGEST U GO TO THE GYNO. AND RECIEVE ANTIBIOTICS IT CAN BE AN INFECTION AS FOR PAINS IN THE CHEST AND LOWER ABDOMEN THIS NORMALLY OCCURS DURING THE WEEK IN WHICH YOU WOULD NORMALLY GET YOUR MENSTRUAL PERIOD AGAIN FOR THE REASON YOUR BODY HAS NOT ADAPTED TO THE CHANGES NAUSEA IS VERY COMMON ALSO BUT WHEN YOU START TO FEEL TIRED, FATIGUED, IRRITATED EASILY, BLEEDING HEAVILY OR LIKE A NORMAL PERIOD WHEN YOU HAVE NOT HAD BLEEDING WHILE ON THE SHOT THIS IS A SIGN YOU MIGHT JUST BE PREGNANT SOME MEDICATIONS THAT ARE TAKEN WHILE ON THE DEPO SHOT CAN REDUCE THE EFFECIENCY OF THE SHOT ITSELF SO CONSULT A DOCTOR IF YOU ARE HAVING THESE SYMPTOMS, I HAD MY FIRST SON AT 16 AND MANY SYMPTOMS YOU ARE DESCRIBING FEEL VERY SIMILAR AS FAR AS WEIGHT GAIN IS IT VERY COMMON AND NORMAL FOR ANY BIRTH CONTROL TO MAKE YOU GAIN WEIGHT AND GIVE YOU CRAVINGS THE CRAVINGS WITH THE SHOT ARE ONLY USUALLY FOR THOSE NEW TO IT THE WEIGHT GAIN YOU CAN SEE MAYBE A YEAR AFTER 5 TO 10 LBS OR SOONER AS FOR THE BABIES BEING BORN PREMATURE IF YOU HAVE QUESTION AS TO BELIEVE YOU ARE PREGNANT YOU NEED A BLOOD PREGNANCY TEST AND CAN GO TO ANY DOCS OFFICE AND REQUEST IT DONE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE INSURANCE MOST THE TIME IT'S ONLY $50 TO GET THE RESULTS WITHIN 1-2 LAB DAYS, I SAID I'VE BEEN ON THE SHOT SINCE SEPT. AND JUST FOUND OUT I HAD A MISSCARRIAGE IT DOESNT HURT TO FIND OUT AND THINGS AREN'T ALWAYS PLANNED THATS NOT THE WAY LIFE HAPPENS NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU TRY WHEN ITS YOUR TIME TO HAVE A CHILD YOUR GOING TO MY SON CHANGED MY LIFE AND POSSIBLY SAVED IT IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO HAVE ONE NOW THERE ARE MANY ALTERNATIVES AND IM ALWAYS HERE TO TALK IF YOU'D NEED ANY HELP JUST CHOOSE WHATS BEST FOR YOU BECAUSE YOUR ALL THAT CHILD WILL HAVE AT THE END OF THE DAY I HOPE THIS HELPS SOME OF YOU AND GOODLUCK

i am having the same problem after talking to my doctor he told me that with some people the shot makes your body think you are pregnant... that is what had happened to me.. the weight gain, tenderness, sickness, back aches, the works. so ask your doc

I've been on the Depo shot for only 4 and a half months. I had spotting that would last a couple of days that was a rusty color. But the past 8 or nine days I have had a very light amount of blood ranging from light red to the same rusty color. Is it normal to have the discharge last this long at a continuous rate? Or is it possible that I may be pregnant or that I have had a miscarriage?

i've been on depo since 06 i now have to get the shot every 2 months because i will start spotting get headaches mood swings ect at 10weeks talk to your doctors and see if you need the shot more regularly. it helped me to get it at 7 to 8 weeks not 3 months.

I have only had 1 depo shot and it is going to expire in about a week and I have been feeling really nauseated and constipated lately and I havent had my period in 2 months could I have been pregnant before the shot or is there a possibiblty that I could have gotten pregnant while on the shot? I also took a preg test and it sais neg what should I do?

I've been on the shot since July 08 and its about 2 weeks till I can get my next shot and the last month I've been feeling sick and moody and my period has gotten so bad...I was only put on the shot because I got such bad periods and cramps, and I haven't once spotted or anything untill now...and all of a sudden when I first started getting sick all the signs of being pregnant came as well....everyone keeps asking me if I'm pregnant...and I'm really worried. I haven't taken a test or anything yet..it really helps knowing I'm really not the only one =]

>:( hi i just started reading this site.but i've been on depo now for 11 years and to tell the truth i've loved it. only because no period. But for the last 3 months i've felt like i have been having the same symptoms as the rest of you. but of course my doctor said it was normal. but i would really like to talk to the lady who goes by the name lawyergirl if possible. out of all the stories i've read you seem to be on the shot as long as i have.

I have been on it 2 years got off if to for about 6 months now and never had a piriod my friend said that it took her 3 years for it to clear and because i only weigh 97 pounds it would take forever i also lost my whole sex drive oncei was off i havn't had sex for around 7 months yet resently i been havein shakes ,bleeding black ( once in a while) been havein mood swings ,passing out ,blacking out for like 3 to 12 seconds , looseing sight, tummy pains , throwing up
tender breasts
but every test i took said not pregnant
went to the ER after a while and got a blood test that said not pregnant
I live in a tiny town so i dunno a few people told me when they went they got a not pregnant then went to a bigger town and they got pregnant
i'm 18 and i'm kinda scared i'm not sure whats going on reading all the horror storys of the depo is really disterbing.... could i have had a miscarage? and just be seeing the symtems now?