what can you do to stop you uvula from touching the back of you tongue and causing the gagging reflux.

Is your uvula enlarged? There is no reason why would regular-sized uvula come anywhere near the area that causes the gag reflex, so the way to stop that from happening is to find out what is causing your uvula to be able to irritate the area at the back of your tongue. For how long has this been happening? If it's something that is recent, than it could be that you have an infection, but it is also possible that because of the dehydration uvula starts to attract much more saliva than it normally would so it becomes enlarged and causes this kind of irritation.

Thanks fir that info! Now I'm not so worried. Fell asleep the last two nights on the couch like a dolt. Woke up with severe cotton mouth and gagging a bit. This morning I actually checked the uvula to find that it was huge and swollen to the point of drooping onto my tongue triggering gag reflux (same feeling yesterday morning, just didn't look). I'll drink steady cold water and keep my eye on it.