About a month ago, I had sore throat and went to the doctor and received some medicine. After taking the medicine, I begin to feel nauseated but no actual vomiting. I still have feeling of nausea and feel like something is stuck in my throat. When I look in the mirror, I notice my uvula is long and touching my tongue. I have never really noticed my uvula but do not believe it was that long before. I went to an ENT doctor who gave me some antibiotics to try. If it does not help shorten the uvula, he recommends to cut it.

But even the ENT was wondering if the cutting will help because he said the uvula should have been long since childhood.

I have been dieting lately and lost about 25 lbs. Does weight loss have anyhthing to do with making the uvula long? And should I cut my uvula?

The nausea feeling is irritating, and I want to get rid of it.

Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks!

I had the same phenomenon after a brief cold. I was also by my ENT and he recommended shortening my Uvula. But he told me that it must have been so for a long time already.

If anybody has idea please share it with us. I have this feeling of something constantly tickling my throat end. It sometimes agitates coughing and it feels like I my air passage is blocked.
would appreciate if anybody has idea.

I have had the same problem. It started following a cold as well. It has now been going on for about 5 years but I have not been to a doctor about it. It is nice to know that other people have this same problem and I suppose I will be going to a doctor now.

well same here i had it once last year due to flu , now it came back again and it bothers , if anyone of you have any ideas please share

yeah i have had the same problem which i get sometimes but it shortens again after a few days

i am also having this problem at the moment and i keep choking myself because of it. it was fine then i went to sleep to have some teeth out and they put a tube down my throat to breathe and woke up with a really long Uvula :-(

this sounds similar to something i have. for about 6 months i was harboring a sinus infection. finally went to my family doctor, who gave me some antibiotics, which cleaned that up, but ever since i've felt a constant irritation at the back of my throat/roof of my mouth, as if there's a lump. noticed my uvula is kind of long, as well. at times i'm compelled to manipulate my soft palate with my tongue, and i notice my uvula is resting on top of it; otherwise, the uvula is really too far back in my throat to rest upon my tongue. i also experience a "drip" sensation, am forced to swallow every 30 seconds. i've had post nasal drip before and it was never this long lasting or accompanied by the lump. ent recommends i see an allergist. ironically, i've had bad allergies before, but they've always been of the run of the mill stuffy nose/sneezing variety. it seems to me i haven't had any sneezing fits/stuffy nose since this thing occurred. tried various antihistimines and nasal sprays, nothing does the trick. i'm wary of shelling out to the allergist game; not something i can afford right now, especially if it doesn't help. have you been able to remedy your condition?

I'm having that problem right now. Im only thirteen and I'm panicing! I don't know what to do! I have a flu also and that might have caused it. I have no allergies, no resperatory problems, no cough so I dont know what is causing it! Please help! Its starting to gag me! I already have that nauseous feeling! o.O

i have been suffering from a extra long uvula since i could remember. it causes me to gag. i hate it. over the last 25 years, i have been suffering panic attacks, and my biggest symptom is getting sick due to my long uvula, sounds stupid, but very real for me, ive been wanting to slice it of, but im scared to. what to do.....

ive had the samme thing and want t slice mine off..

I had same problem. Felt like I couldnt breathe at night. Got my uvula cut off only 5 days ago. Now I can feel it even more I think. I havent slept in days. Feel sick.

its the same with me... I have been having weird panic attacks and i dont like them.. Can sumbody help us?

Guys don't worry! You are PERFECTLY FINE, just a little bit ill.

Probably you're all just suffereing from a little flew/cold just as I am!

And hey let me tell you something about panic attacks :)

I'm 19 years old, and panic attack disorders have been haunting me for the last 2 years (If I remember correctly). Thankfully I'm able to counteract each and every one of them myself, but hey, It's alright to be worried whenever you get one!

It seems like most of you who replied all need a bit of warming words to make you feel better, and I think I've got just what you need!

My uncle is a very dedicated surgeon and is currently working abroad to finish his line of studying. People including myself really find him trusthworthy because he's got no corners, he'll just tell you up front what the facts are, and if there's ways to get around them, he'll let you know of the best, but if there's not he'll just be up front honest with you.

Earlier, before I came to understand how to handle panic attacks, I used to call him daily and ask him to come visit me because I'd be feeling like something bad is about to happen to me. The first couple of times, he came for a visit, because he didn't know what it was all about, but when he realised that I'd been suffering from panic attacks, he started to let me battle them on my own.

However! He did once tell me a little trick, which works 100% With going against ANY panic attack, and today, I'm going to share this with you all :)

Basically, we all need to ask ourselves, What is the thing that makes us worried when we're having a panic attack?

Answer should be related to : Loss of breath, Heart Attack , Fainting.... and many more... but the one thing that worries anyone suffering from panic attacks is Loosing Breath!

Now we all should know that Panic attacks are all FAKE. It's just your mental strength showing you how powerful our mind can be over our body and feelings. A panic attack is nothing more but a little game our mind likes to play on us whenever it has nothing to do (Little F***er! :p haha)

Now getting back to the trick, so yeah, loss of breath, how can we prove to ourselves that during a panic attack we're perfectly breathing fine?

Here's what to do, and try it out! It will WORK JUST GREAT! And trust me you'll love this one!

1) Cover your Stomach (or belly or whatever you wanna call it)

2) Put your palm flat on your stomach

3) Breath in and out slowly from my mouth and carefully look at the way your stomach is moving

4)You'll realise that when you inhale your stomach puffs up, and when you exhale your stomach goes down to it's normal position.

So what does this mean?

Basically air is being transported into your lungs, down to your stomach and back out. Your Lungs are taking the volume of oxygen they require and pushing the rest out of your body.

YOUR BREATHING! You're not Loosing breath, your not going to faint, your not getting a heart attack!

I hope that this has made you feel more comefortable then you are now, and hopefully you should be getting over your panic attacks as easy as possible.

I will conclude by telling you one thing ; Do not let panic attacks get over you, because they will ruin your life , FOR NO PARTICULAR REASON! Do not limit yourself to something this stupid, be a champ and get over it, realize that what you're feeling is fake, and also remember, that at then end, we all have to die, and trust me when death calls us, it's not going to warn you, it just happens, so there's definately no way that a panic attack is a sign of death :D Get over it!

Best regards to all!

This exact thing is happening to me. I lost just over twenty pounds and feel like I'm choking, but I can breathe. I feel nauseas all the time. It's annoying and unnerving. I noticed my uvula hitting my tongue and sprayed it with throat spray and for a short time the sensation stopped.

I've have a similar problem that over the years has slowly got worse. Somehow I never put it together that whilst looking at my type two diabetes and just about everything else....I am now homing in on the likely hood that my problem may lie elsewhere. Over the years I've been afflicted with sore throats accompanied by excessive and compulsive swallowing to the point that I actually make myself sick. During these bouts I suffer with extreme nausea and the feeling of gagging or choking. It has only recently come to my attention that I may be slowly poisoning my system by swallowing not just a constant nasal drip during these bouts but all the other nasties that may be present. Recently I checked out my Uvula and its long enough to at times rest along my tongue and seams unusually long compared to others that I've sneaked a peek at and the gagging and swollowing is unreal. Accompanying these attacks my ears are a bit painful and very sensitive make a crackling sound when I swollowing and with non stop tinnitus to the point of madness. My throat, ears and head just don't seam to be any thing like what I remember normal to be. HELP,