for the past 2 years now i have been sick. i have a lot of excess mucus, constantly dripping down the back of my throat."post nasal drip" it is sometimes very thick, and then sometimes it is very thin and runny. seems to get really thin and i produce more when i get active, run play any sports. at times all of this mucus makes me very nauseous. mostly in the morning when i wake up. hot showers make the pnd worse and also drinking a lot of water.

i am also experiencing a lump in the back of my throat. i always try to caugh it up, but normally get nothing out. this lump triggers my gag reflex and it makes me vomit a lot to the point to where i am even dry heaving. when i vomit it is very violently, i just had to get back surgery done last month due to throwing up to violently i herniated one of my discs. this has to due with the lump in the back of my throat triggering my gag reflex. the best way i can explain it is like sticking your fingure in the back of your throat and leaving it there.

a little back round information.

i have acid reflux which i take nexium for and priolosec. i am lactose intolerant which i take lactaid for. the gastro i went to said i have a hiatal hernia. the ent's ive been to say i have a slightly deviated septum and a very small cists. i have lupus erythematosus tumidus. it is a skin form of lupus. it is not systemic though. i am currently being treated with plaquinal for that.

i have tried all sorts of medicines and get no relief. i have also been to multiple ent's, allergists, gastro's, immunologists, and i get no answers they tell me there is nothing more they can do for me and push me off to another doctor and it's like a viscous circle that never ends. i do have an appointment in april with another gastro that specializes in the esophagus. so hopefully i get some answers i need them i am desperate this is ruining my life. and has been messing me up mentally as well as getting depressed. i can't do much so i am always home. iv'e gotten used to it though. i feel trapped and desperate for answers.

i have more to say which i posted in another post it was a lot longer than this so i hope more people will read this one. if anyone if experiencing any of these symptoms at all please comment and maybe we can figure this thing out together i will be checking the blog daily multiple times a day. someone please help. im soo desperate. and i also want to see if i can get any answers or suggestions for when i go to this new gastro. thanks and please post.

i also forgot to mention the runny mucus i get a lot of sits in my stomach and that makes me nauseous as well. and when i throw up it is anywhere from 1-15 times a day if not more. and this had been going on every single day for 2 years.. some1 please help

I am suffering from the same thing, whatever this is. I describe it as yes a lump, but I actually feel it "crawl" up my throat. It is ruining my life. Did you find out what it is ? A cure? God help.

I had this too for 22 years. Finally found out that it was related to coffee. I'm not yet sure but I think I have an allergy to coffee. Coffee allergies are a bit unusual because it doesn't produce the common signs of hives or rash breakouts. And because of the caffeine, respiratory collapse won't happen either. My only symptom was a constant gagging from a feeling of a lump in my throat which I had to alleviate by forcefully blowing thick mucus out through my nose and then using those listerine tongue dissolves. Docs put me on all kinds of meds which didn't help except for antihistamines which hinted at an allergic reaction to something constant that I was exposed to. But after a while, the antihistamines stopped working because I was still drinking coffee at the time which created an uphill battle for the meds. I did notice that coffee exacerbated my symptoms so I thought I would try to give up coffee. Switching from coffee to green tea improved my condition immensely to the point where it only happens if I get a bad case of the flu. Hope this helps someone.

Andreryan - I forgot to mention that for vomiting, a Compazine suppository is the ONLY prescription that has stopped my puking.

The only natural remedy that actually works for my chronic vomiting is pickled umeboshi plums from the health food store. Just licking the plum with the tip of my tongue was all it took to work.

Also, I second the opinion of the man who recommended drinking water between vomiting. This has always prevented dry heaving for me.

Claritin D!! It isn't instant but it works for hours on me & I'm thinking that gluten really may cause it after reading these threads on Steadyhealth. I hope we both get better soon!!

Oh Please Help! My heart is pouring out to all of you. for 6 months now, I developed this thick, mucus at the back of my throat, I can`t cough it up, I cant swallow it down, it just stays stuck, feeling like I could choke at any given moment. I`m in a state of constant anxiety. I have used up all my sick time at work, my friendships have all suffered, relationship ended, parents wanted me in psychiatric care, all because I keep running to the hospital, because I feel Im choking!

My throat FILLS with awful mucus when I eat, or try to swallow tablets. It feels as though foods gets stuck, and pills Now I have to take all supplements and medicine in liquid form. I am SO utterlly sad and depressed. I`m only 35 and didnt want life to be over yet, I lost my lover, -- I cant watch him watch me choke and forego our social life - is done. Others believe its all in my head adn I need psychiatric meds. I don t need those meds. My bodys mucus goes crazy into overdrive attacking my own food and pills that I try to swallow. I am now dwindling down in weight. Cant sometimes only eat blended, liquid meals. The homeopathic remedies from naturopathic doctor, are not working. All the antihistamines and flonase, and acid reflux meds do NOT work. A netti pot doesnt do anything. I am beyond desperate, I guess, I just dont want to live anymore, just sitting here choking. I dont want to be afraid anymore.

I am currently seeing a new naturopath who has me on deghhlyrizzed (sp) licorice root, enzymes, probiotics, all organic diet, etc etc, gave up pop, gave up whatever I thought was doing me wrong, I continue to choke on this mucus, it sits there, my life is waiting and I cant get to it. Im so very sad. I am awaiting results from a test to check candida and parasites.

I am GRATEFUL Im not the only one in the world suffering from this PEOPLE' lets stick together, Please, lets help each other find an answer.

Hello , I too have sub acute lupus erythematosis. and fibromyalgia. I am sick at this point with inflammatory pain in my chest area radiating out into my back and So I flare ups more consistant with S.L. but the blood work will not support full systemic ?? I have had two acute attacks f pericarditis I the past 17 moths non life threatening both times the inflammation stay jus in the chest area but did not invade the heart sac.. I too take Hydroxychloroquine for 6 months now ad still had a flare up. It is very hard to live with chronic illness and especially anything auto immune form Best of luck... Beckeyanne I also have diabetes and painful Neuropathy

I am in exactly the same situation but since 1996. Been everywhere. Gi,s Ent,s Lung Specialists, Acupuncturists, Voice therapists . More and more. Had an op for hiatal hernia . You name them. Been there. Still choking, gagging. All a bunch of useless quacks. Started drinking very heavily to numb the throat. All the very best. I am just so sick of going to all these failures.

I have symptoms of this since December.