o.O I can't see my uvula! It's 3 days post tonsilectomy. I feel it hanging low into my throat. Seems that's what's producing the gagging feeling. Seems that it's low position is also what's causing wild snoring and apnea. Will is shrink back up into position with time? If so, how much time?

Hi there, it should shrink back after a given period of time. I know it's been a couple days--can you see it yet? It's almost time for the swelling to go down for you. Can you let me know?

You have to understand that this is not dangerous condition. Your throat is under a lot of pressure because of the surgery and your uvula is probably affected by this as well. Are you drinking enough of water? Do you have any other pain in your mouth? Water is very important here because it can help with the tonsillectomy as well it can help your uvula return to normal size. Ask your doctor if everything was ok with your uvula during the procedure. Sometimes doctors can accidentally heart uvula which can tend cause the uvula to have this kind of abnormality. Are you taking any pain medication right now? You should wait few more day and I think you uvula will be fine.