For about a year now since ive turned 19 years old i have been having this horrible sensation in the back of my throat which mostly aggravates my uvula causing me to gag and sometime vomit. It feels like there is some thick mucus running down the back of my throat and it is at its worst in the morning. The only thing i can do to stop it is to eat something, drinking water dosent help. What is wrong with me?

I used to smoke pot all day everyday with out any problems but for about a month i started to cough and gag a little bit when ever i smoked. But one night after smoking a few days before my 19th birthday i started gagging uncontrollable for no reason, i couldn't stop and i vomited a few times. I couldn't even breathe for more than a few secounds without gagging; it was probably the worst thing to ever happen to me hands down i thought i was going to die. Since then i quit smoking and saw an allergist who didn't seem to find anything wrong. I then went to a ENT specialist who said there was nothing wrong except that my tonsils were abnormally large and that my problem might me an anxiety or mental disorder. So i got my tonsils taken out but still the problem persisted. After that the ENT doctor said i should go and check out bio feedback so i did and went to a few sessions but it didnt really work. Ive gotten a lot better since it started but still it happens in the morning and maybe once or twice during the day. It used to be way worse and i would start gagging randomly all day. After all of this i still have so many questions about what the problem is and how it can be treated. Is it a mental disorder? or is there something i am allergic too? I used to be an aspiring Mixed Martial artist but every since my gagging started i cant even train unless i get lucky and the gagging dosen't start happening when working out. Please if anybody out there can help i would greatly appreciate it.

i hope that the first post was not too much too read. I guess no one has an answer for me. Ive been thinking that i may have a hyperactive gag reflex that is triggered by stress and high anxiety and or having a bunch of mucus in my throat. But i also suspect that the mucus that touches my uvula has something in it that i am allergic too b/c my uvula is red in the morning after having mucus draining over it for 7 to 8 hours. My faith keeps me from giving up.

I would do some research on parasites...such as hookworm etc. I sincerely believe it would help you get a better idea of what could be going on. You would be amazed at the number of illnesses parasites cause in the human body.