I was prescribed a medication called Valerpan a Corticosteriod by my Allergist in Costa Rica for my allergies and Asthma do you know anything about this medication and it's side effects?

Hello! I think that this Valerpan drug is only used in Costa Rica but I figured out is it a systemic corticosteroid used for quick relieves in acute asthmatic episodes.
These kind of drugs work by reducing the inflammations of the airways that deliver air to the lungs and decrease the mucus that had build up in the bronchial tubes and made the breathing harder.
The problem with systemic corticosteroids is that they travel throughout the whole body before reaching the airways, which means these kind of drugs are more likely to cause side effects. The corticosteroids that are inhaled cause less side effects because the drug acts directly to the airways.
These drugs are aimed to relieve moderate and severe symptoms of acute asthmatic attack as well as control the symptoms once you started the treatment.
The dose of systemic corticosteroids should be low because PROLONGED treatment may cause side effects like slower growth, bone weakening, vision clouding, high blood pressure, inability to use glucose, frequent infections, etc

My daughter was given this in a shot for chickunguna that she contracted in Nicaragua this year in August from a mosquito bite. They're using it for the arthritis-like symptoms in her joints but it does not seem to be working very well I wish I knew what else she could use.

I have chikungunya, also from Nicaragua, talk to your doctor about Vimovo it's an NSAID with something to protect the stomach. Unfortunately chikungunya can last up to 2 years...

Betaduo, is a equal medicine, same components but for some reason works much better.

If you are able to get leaves from the mango tree, get about 8 large leaves, wash and put in a 2 quart pot non aluminum, 4 large sticks of cinnamon 12 whole all spice cloves.
Bring to a full boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. After the liquid cools, strain and drink 4 ponces 4 to 5 times daily. You should see relief withing 48 hours.
Continue to prepare and drink for another 4 days just to make sure the problem is resolve.

It sure worked for all my family!!!

I am in Honduras an American and am 60 years old Got Chickegunya terrible. Had it for almost six months kept commingled back .Use dexamethzona was very cheap but it worked. Used for 7 days started with a mil on fourth day dropped to half three more days. Stopped have been good for 3 months now and an stronger than before

they sell it in Honduras as well 3 world medication.did nothing to help my back pain.I had the injection