Have you heard about 1-2-3 approach in treatment of psoarisis? A friend of mine is a sufferer, so I’m interested in innovations according to treatment of this skin disorder. I already have information about conventional therapy of psoriasis, and know that there’s no guarantee for its efficacy. This treatment sounds like can be from more help that these used previously. I’d like to hear what it is based on. Thanks.

Yes, I have heard a lot about 1-2-3 approach. Step one is topical treatment, ointments are applied on skin. Than, skin is treated with phototherapy, by ultraviolet light. Third part is systemic treatment, when medications are taken orally or parenterally, and treat whole immune system. Topical treatments that are used are vitamin D3, anthralin, corticosteroids or Tazorac as gel or cream. Drugs that are used in systemic therapy are methotrexate, cyclosporine, thioguanine or hydrourea. These drugs have serious adverse effects and patient should be monitored during therapy. The first indication of these drugs is therapy of cancer.