I‘ve started with ketocenazol tablets 3 days ago, because was diagnosed systemic fungal infection. I take one dose in the evening, at the bed time. I was wondering if it would be dangerous to drink alcohol while use ketocenazol? Can I have a glass of wine maybe before take my medication? I will use ketocenazole for next 4 weeks. Am I supposed not to have alcohol till the end of the treatment?

You should know that alcohol interacts with ketoconazole and cause severe vomiting, like when alcohol is used with antabuse. As long as you’re on ketoconazole, you should have neither wine, nor any other alcohol. Ketoconazole interacts with number of drugs, increases their concentration and enhance the effect. Ketokonazole belongs to a group of medications that affects on metabolism of many drugs and foods by its influence on metabolic enzymes. When I had systemic yeats infection, had to use ketokonazole for 2 months and even not used any other medications, had severe side effects, and vomited every day.