Hello! My wife and I are thinking about me having a vasectomy. We have three children already and we don’t want more, that is for sure. AS we don’t always have condoms and my wife is not into BC pills, this seems like a far option. I know everything about the procedure but I was wondering about the recovery time. I would like to hear your experience! Thanks!!!

Hi there! Before I left the hospital I got these tips in order to recover fast. So, I will just pass them on to you. Good luck with the procedure!!!! You should apply an ice pack to the scrotum for the first 24 hours after the procedure. Wrap the ice pack in a towel. It’s not wise to place ice directly on your skin. Stay off your feet for a couple of days. Avoid heavy lifting or exercise for at least 1 week. One could usually go back to work within 3 days unless the job involves physical exertion. In general, avoid activities that cause discomfort. Be careful and use some form of birth control until your doctor tells you that you are sterile.