have a question about getting pregnant after vasectomy. my partner had a vasectomy over 20 years ago. he is also taking viagra. i should say he claims to have had a vasectomy because he is always asking questions about my being pregnant. is there any way for me to tell if he actually had one and is there any possible way i could become pregnant 20 years after his vasectomy?

There is no way to really tell that this man has had a vasectomy, other than his word, which sounds like you may have some doubts about that.
If he claims his procedure is 20 years old, the chances of you getting pregnant by him are slim to none. But, it has happened, just so you know that.
I don't get why he questions you about the whole pregnant thing! The viagra has nothing to do with anything.

I would be asking to go with him to a doctor if i were you....Just see if he would be up to going to get a sperm count done (its the only way to see if there happens to be "swimmers" or not...specially if the two of you are depending on this vasctomy for bc and you doubt his word...20 yearsis a long time and he would know that he would't have swimmers still if he really had one that long ago...usually if a vasectomy is to fail it fails witin the first few years...I should know not only do I work in the medical field but my dad has a vacectomy BEFORE i was concieved (but that was a less than a year prior AND he didn't get his "follow up" test done

I'm 43 and my husband had a vasectomy 7 years ago after our daughter. We have 3 children together and have not used any birth control since the vasectomy. Up till now everything was fine, except this month I missed my period? I was wondering if I could be pregnant? Or am I going threw my change? What are the odds? How can I find out, just wait and take a pregnancy test??

After 7 years i wouldn't think your pregnant but stranger things have happened. I totally stopped having my period 7 years ago at 46. I started with very irratic periods which began at your age. You could be on the cusp of early meno. Wait it out and see if you get your period, if not talk to your doctor about having blood work to check your hormone level. This will tell your doctor if your hormones are becoming depleted there fore possibly pointing to the onset of your change.

My partner had a vasectomy over twenty years ago, when he was married to his first wife. He was married to his second wife for fifteen years, and we have been together for almost six years. We broke up for a few months during which time I had a fling with one guy and became pregnant immediately. I hadn't been on birth control for several years due to being with someone who had a vasectomy, but started a couple weeks after we broke up. My fling ended as quickly as it started and my partner and I decided to work things out between us...despite the fact that I was pregnant with someone else's child. After the father of my child found out I was back with my partner, he started accusing me of being pregnant by him, despite the fact that I told him he had a vasectomy over twenty years ago. He is wanting a paternity test to prove he is or is not the father which I am more than willing to allow. I know this baby is his because it is practically impossible that I am pregnant with my partners child. What are the odds this child is his after the fact that he hasn't conceived a child in over twenty years and then I find out I am pregnant a month and a half after I leave him? Slim to none I say. Apparently, the father of my child doesn't believe it is all that strange that I could be pregnant by my partner, despite the odds. I thought it was common knowledge it is virtually impossible to conceive a child this long after a vasectomy. I think the father is just in denial because he is afraid of having to pay child support.