I was told that vasectomy was a low risk procedure and that iw ould only feel minor discomfort after the surgery. The doc said I would bruise and swell after the surgery but it would go away in two weeks time tops. There won’t be any problems with my libido, erection, orgasms….However, only part of it was true. I have been suffering from testicular pain for 3 years after vasectomy. How common is that?

This is one of the reasons I decided not to go through with the vasectomy. My wife and I first thought it would be a good idea considering we had two children and didn’t want more. I went to a clinic and was told exactly what you were told. Then I did a bit of forum researching and I realized that most doctors don’t know much of the long-term consequences, that many guys suffered from late post vasectomy syndrome and I just didn’t want to go through that much trouble.

Vasectomy reversal will most likely cure your pain. I had mine reversed and after about three months the pain faded away but only on one side. Now twelve years later I am still trying to get the other side redone. So far I have had two reversals on the right side and it keeps scarring off. I wish I had never done it.
I think Post-vasectomy pain is more common that most people think. There must be guys out there who live with it and never ask for help. That leaves the doctors with incorrect data.
My 2 cents
If you have a really high sperm count - DONT GET A VASECTOMY
If you need to have sex to release the "blue balls feeling" - DONT GET A VASECTOMY
Some guys are wired differently. It has nothing to do with machoism or how much hair you have on your chest. If this pain gets to you it will change your life.

i had a vasectomy done nearly 3 years ago and during the procedure i felt him start cutting the left side and ever since i have had pain in the left side and has been getting worse over time and am now going to my doctors for a check so i know what the pain can be like and at the moment i am taking loads of pain killers to combat the pain of it

I almost didn't feel the cutting or the sewing, it was when the surgeon began looking for the vas, it felt like he was pulling my nuts out of me and like he was squeezing them.and i had to let him do that on the both sides, one side after the other. now it's 5 days ago and the left side is ok, at the right side, the wound is swollen, red and painful when i touch it, testicle hurts, hope it will be better soon. As i read this forum, I see that I had to inform myself better, because the doctors always say it's ok, no complications, no pain,... I have to have sex to release the "blue balls feeling". I hope everything will get better, time will tell. But I did it for my wife's health, because she smokes and takes the pill,and she has risks for tromboses. love is...

There are many people facing the same experience. I have had vasectomy precedure 3 years ago and to this very day. There is constant discomfort. Having a vasectomy was the worst decision I have ever made. I wanted to have a reversal but the urologist cut some part of vas off and having a reversal is no longer a solution. I have to live with this dam pain for rest of my life. I wish, I can die, but I have family to attend and that's the only thing that keeps me alive. Today's doctor don't care about anyone. I see them as body mechanics. Doctor's really don't care about anyone as long as they get paid by the insurance.

There are many people facing the same experience. I had vasectomy procedure 3 years ago and to this very day. There is constant discomfort and pain. Having a vasectomy was the worst decision I have ever made. I wanted to have a reversal but the urologist cut some part of vas off and having a reversal is no longer a solution. I have to live with this dam pain for rest of my life. I wish, I can die, but I have family to attend and that's the only thing that keeps me alive.
Today's doctor don't care about anyone. I see them as body mechanics. Doctor's really don't care about anyone as long as they get paid by the insurance.

I wish I had never had a vas it's not worth the pain it's been 7 years an counting....

Its been 15 years for me and I have had pain off and on all the years after having the vasectomy procedure done. The clip was just starting then and I had a few friend's who had that fail to work for them so, I did the old way of actually having the inner tubes cut and folded back - (I watched)  - Its a tough call because we had to have some form of birth control and my wife had been on the pill for 15 years and we thought that was too long - all other methods just seemed to risky or impractical. If I could go back and decide again I don't know what I would have done but I think its very important to try any alternative first and only do the vasectomy as a last resort  -  the pain can be bad so be careful - still bad after 15 years.     

they lie they want you to do this to make thier next porch payment

24 years of pain and issues after vasectomy at that time there was not the information there is now

If I had it to do over No Way - Not a Chance that I would have the prosedure done !! 

You could try open vasectomy

I had vasectomy pain bad on left side, had a reversal 9 months after but they could only fix the left side, right side was converted to open vasectomy. The right side is OK just a bit tender now and then. The left side has it's ups and downs but that has always been the problem side. It is definitely better than before reversal but I would say I am about 70% back to normal. When I had the reversal they tested each side and there was a lot more sperm being produced on the left side. It's been 5 months after reversal and still have dull ache on left side am hoping it will fade with time.

This is very unfortunate. I am an immigrant and learned that doctors in this country will sell their soul to get money. Nobody cares about us. They also lie a lot. Hope everybody will find a way to relieve the pain.

Hi there,

my husband had a vasectomy 3 yrs ago and is still suffering from pain in his right testicle. I have insisted he go back to the doctor again and tell them as the pain is getting worse. I wish we had done more research on this as it now is becoming very worrying. We have 5 sons and decided that our family was definitely finished. So decided on a vasectomy.... Now Im feeling very worried for him.

I wish the Doctors would be more honest!