Hello I Hade a vasectomy done back in October and did my first test in December and got back the results that I was 100% sterile . Now 1 week ago I find out my girlfriend who I have 2 other kids with is pregnant again. I went in and did another test on Monday and just got my results in today saying that I'm still sterile. Is it possible that this child can be mine. There was some issues that it could have been someone else not that she's admitting it. I know her pretty well and I don't think it is anyone else but I don't get it.

Hey Kecou,

I am going to get to the heart of the problem right away and no beating around the bush, sorry if you mind.

Unfortunately with a vasectomy and your results there is no way that child is yours - unless if the tests are wrong which is unlikely.  Have you and your gf been arguing recently?  Has she gone out after an argument and got hammered with a friend?  Does she have a lot of guy friends?

As a frequent user of Steady Health I have recently seen posts from girls stating that they have gone out after an argument and had some drinks and one thing led to another and now they are pregnant.  Of course, they are asking who the child's father is and all as they are hoping it's their current bf's and not there ex's or a friends, etc.

A women myself, I know how women can get - conniving and lying (not saying that is me, just had a friend like that, was awful).  Do you trust your gf 100%?  I'm thinking that you should request a DNA test from her to get to the bottom of this.  You went a got a vasectomy for her (and she's only your gf not your wife very painful to get reversed if in a different relationship) and now she is pregnant.  If she wanted more children than she should not have wanted you to get a vasectomy as it seems she may have gone out and cheated on you with another virile male. 

It's going to be up to you for you decide on what to do.Good luck and hope this helps.

Thank you for your help. We have together for around 5 years now and we get along great the only reason . I guess I'm looking for more of a medical reason rather then just jump to accusing. I read something about semen being able to pas threw small openings during the first 3 months. I love her to death and I know that she will allways do what's best for the family but because of past addiction that accompany lies I'm afraid their might be a possibility. I just want to rule out anything before I start pointing the finder. I do thank you for your information.

Hey, I completely understand where you stand on this. I would want to know and hope that it was medical and not the other. Does she know that you went to the clinic to get your sperm checked?

You are correct about sperm traveling through small spaces (vasectomy in men and tubes tied in women) but these are pretty rare occurrences and low possibility of this happening. I actually believe in both cases that chances increase after 5 - 7 years of pregnancy occurring with both procedures unless in the case of tubes tied you also had them cauterized.

How are you going to finally rule anything out and believe that it is yours without a DNA test? By her say so? Maybe going to a different test center to test your sperm there? Seeing if there is someone else that had a vasectomy on this site and had a child soon after?

How long was she an addict and been clean now? What was her drug of choice?

So no problem on the help, I don't mind - I just have the best interest of others in mind and hope to help or offer support in some way. I'm just trying to provide an honest opinion for you to think of that your friends might not give to you or get you to think about.

Again, hope this helps.