Hello, I am 52 years old and here is my problem. After the menopause, I have begun to experience severe joint pain. Knees were somehow affected the most. Stiffness, swelling, high temperature and pain of course, began to be the reality of my every days life. Doctor prescribed me with Voltaren, is it any good for arthritis? Can its usage lead to stomach ulcers?

I have been using Voltaren for my arthritis problems and it really helped. It is a strong analgesic and antiinflammatoric drug. It reduces inflammation by inhibiting the production of prostaglandins. The problem is, after the long use of this medication, some bad side effects might kick in and you dont want that. My therapy was short and effective so I did not have to deal with side effects, but some people who used it for a long time, had to quit the therapy because the couldnt stand it anymore.