I am suffering from arthritis for a longer period of time. I have 55 years and it bothers me very much. I have been to several therapies that did not work too well. But now I am taking the Voltaren and it helps me much. But my doctor wants to change my therapy and to give me Celebrex. He says that it is safer. Tell me which is better Voltaren or Celebrex?

It is hard to say which is better. You cant compare medications in that way. Every medication is a story for itself. Your doctor probably thinks that it is safer to use Calebrex because it is so called Cox-2 inhibitor and it works well against inflammation but do not cause bleeding ulcers and stomach irritations. Voltaren is NSAID and it can cause side effects similar to other drugs of this form.

if you take it every day, Celebrex is better. if you take a few times a month, Voltaren is better. On balance. Voltaren is more effective treatment but Celebrex is better is safer if you take every day

I took Celebrex for two months and didn't get any relief from my arthritis pain, and it made my feet swell so bad I couldn't wear my shoes. I've taken Voltaren for the past two days and have had immediate relief from my pain. I'm hoping that it doesn't cause swelling, but that is yet to see. Wish me luck! So far Voltaren wins out for me!

I have. Taken voltaren for 30 years I am 74 and it is great Within the last 6 months have had back and hip replacement because of arthritis If not for voltaren I might have had surgery many years ago

In my experience. Having taken Celebrex for more than 15 years now and just starting Voltaren. I definitely notice that Voltaren has a better effect against pain than Celebrex does. I don't know anything about the long term effects of Voltaren like I do Celebrex (which seem to be non-existent). They're both great drugs in my opinion and I do know that I suffer immenseley without continuously taking Celebrex.

BMan

I agree I have taken voltaren for football injuries and recently I changed my Doctor and was give Celebrex and I dont think it is better going back to the voltaren

Both are NSAID and both are stomach friendly.

No they're not. Celebrex is a Cox 2 Inhibitor and doesn't cause bleeding ulcers

Sorry but Celebrex is an NSAID yes, it's also a Cox 2 inhibitor, but If you google it. It's an NSAID.

unexpected amazing difference between the 2 . Expecting Celebrex to be way more effective, instead intense raw soreness and pain switched back to diclofenac, the next day immediate relief... can walk normally without pain

voltaren ruin my stomach, now I cannot absorb nutrients from food, But better on pain than celebrex