Hello! I have been having problems with arthritis for two years. My therapy consists of non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs that help me to reduce my pain and inflammation. I feel much better while using them but the problem is I am afraid of the side effects. I don’t have any problems related to these medicines so far but I know many people who have. I herd that a diet may be beneficial for arthritis. What diet can help me the most for arthritis pain?

Hello! Food is very important especially in people with health problems. Although food isn’t the miracle cure many people hoped for but it is proved that certain nutrients can boost immune function and decrease inflammation in people who suffer from arthritis. You can add tea to your list of healing foods as well as grapes. Vegetarian diet may also be beneficial because animal sources such as meat, poultry, dairy, and egg yolks contain a fatty acid that is converted to inflammatory prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Some nutritionists believe that eliminating animal foods from the diet may significantly reduce inflammation and pain. It is also very important to eat fish high in Omega-3 as well as pineapple and olive oil.