Following doctors orders, I have started to take Motrin as a painkiller for my rheumatoid arthritis. I must admit, this drug helped me a lot and I have even starting returning my life back to normal, bit by bit. I would like to know if drinking alcohol while on Motrin could have any bad results. I do not drink much, only a glass of wine after lunch and dinner.

To be honest, I am not so sure if there is any medication usage that permits taking alcohol at the same time. Motrin is a very strong analgesic. Its ant inflammation role is enabled by suppressing the secretion of prostaglandins. Those are substances that have a major role in the stomach mucus. So, usage of this medication destroys that mucus, which is not a good thing of course, but alcohol only intensifies that effect, which is even worse (bringing ulcers and bleeding as a result).