My wife is suffering from asthma. She uses a treatment inhaled medications, but on our last trip she miscalculated and was out of dose, and she started to panic. I drove her to nearest ambulance and they gave her adrenaline shot, she was better, but after some time she started vomiting. Is this side effect of adrenaline or her asthma is getting worse.

Hi, I’ve been living with asthma for 21 year now. I know that in emergency situations adrenalin could be given to patient. Unfortunately, adrenaline has side effects like nausea and vomiting. I know that there is a new group of medications similar to adrenaline, those are called beta-2 agonists. They have benefits that you get from adrenaline but without side effects like vomiting and nausea. Here are some: Albuterol (ventolin, proventil), Metaproteranol (alupent), pirbuterol acetate (maxair) and terbutaline sulfate (breathaire).

I have had asthma for over 25 yrs and have coughed so bad that I vomit. I have found that my asthma has been extreme over that last
5yrs. By process of elimination I found out that whenever I eat gluten I have severe reactions with asthma and vomiting within hrs after eating. As long as I remain gluten free my asthma has greatly reduced my coughing that therefore reduced my vomiting. Just an idea since asthma is closely tied with allergies that it may be an antagonist.