Hello, I have some concerns regarding my sister's health status. She has been dealing with asthma ever since she was a kid. As I can remember, the attacks happened more often in the beginning and they were much more severe than now. My guess is that physical activity helped her much. Doctor explained her that during exercises, she would be taught how to learn properly, which helps with asthma a lot. I would like to know, Is ventolin (a drug she uses), a mild steroid?

Generic name of Ventoln is Fenoterol. It belongs to a group of beta agonists. Its maximum effect lasts for about 12 hours. Its basic function is slowing down the mediators of inflammation reaction and bronchi dilatation of muscles in the walls of breathing pathways. Anyway, she is doing the right thing with exercising; many people with asthma have complications that could be prevented by doing what she is already doing.

hello.
I have heard this question many times.
ventolin is not a steroid it is a airway dilator. it also increases metabolism and heart rate and a few other effects. but a steroid (Corticosteroids) such as pulmacort or flovent would be for inflammation. ventolin is more for quick relief in cases like asthma. steroids on the other hand take a while to work unless given by IV (Solu-Cortef).
ventolin is a probably the most common drug used for many breathing conditions such as asthma, copd, etc. It is also used by many different age groups.