Hi everyone, hoping you can help.  Im not sure if this is all related.   About 4 months after I had my first son, I got a cold which included a dry cough that went on for 10 months, seen many doctors and had plenty of cough mixtures and tablets.   This went on for years, had many xrays-sinus, chest, head, tablets, cough mixture that even the chemist made up special ones, allergy testing, asthma testing, reflux tables, even went under for them to look at my lungs, then I got labelled asthmatic.  Every year the dry cough went on for months and each year something different fixed the problem.

It has now been 23 years and over the years it has changed slightly but still remains mainly the same the dry cough, the last couple of years I have now been prone to hayfever which I have a nasal spray for and on ventolin and asthma preventer. My problem now is the excess musus, cough and problem breathing the preventer and ventolin do not give me relieve and finding that is hard getting doctors to look past the possibility that its not asthma.  I do have reflux which I got during my 3 pregnancies and have now just found out today that when I was young my mum was told that I was latose intolerant but was supposed to have grown out of it when I was 7years old.  I was just wondering that perhaps the pregnancies changed my tolerance to milk again.  Any feedback would be great.

I would suggest switching to goat milk (not soy) if you need to drink milk for reasons of calcium. Dairy products can be damaging to the body for many reasons (ie:inflammation, thickening of mucus in the body)  To improve your respitory conditions please look into a product called Ultimate Flora IMMUNITY SUPPORT by a company called ReNewLIfe. It will help boost your immune system, thickin and strenthen your intestinal lining from the lactose intolerance and add good bacteria back into your respitory system. It is better to control and cure your symptoms with probiotics a natural antibiotic than band-aid it with drugs.  I live gluten and lactose free and swear by it. I wish you luck and better health.    

Hi skim827 I already do take a immune booster and olive leaf extract daily, I have started today on lactose free milk, but I will try and source out the Ultimate flora immunity support. Thank you for your help

I was diagnosed with COPD about 7 years ago (emphazema) which manifested itself with shortness of breath,coughing & excess mucus. After many of the same tests as you & the usual remedies, nothing worked permanently. The best I found was the steroid prednisone which was effective for a few months. Advair - very expensive,with many side effects - was effective but caused laryngitis. I became convinced that the mucus was the root cause of all my problems. When I reviewed everything with my daughter-in-law - a nurse practitioner- she asked only one question -"Do you have or ever had acid reflux?" Having had a few episodes,she convinced me to have my doctor order an endoscopy (upper GI) to see what that showed. Reluctantly,my doctor agreed & the resuts revealed a hiatal hernia. They prescribed omenprazole an inexpensive generic of Prilosec (40mg) After 3 months, I am 98% mucus free,no cough & amazingly NO shortness of breath!