Had gallbladder removed in November 2006. Have been experiencing nausea and vomiting every day since. It's now March 2007. 72 year old female. Doctors have done a scope twice in the stomach. First time found ulcer, bacterial infection in the stomach and a hyetal hernia. 2nd scope found the bacterial infection and ulcer healed. Did a CAT scan and a colonostopy. Both tests came back clear. Have lost 40 lbs since November. Down to 100 lbs. Please advise.

SO SORRY TO HEAR!!!!!!!! My mother is doing the same thing post GB removal......going for 2nd endoscopy today......she lost 14lbs last month.
Ask your dr about Zofran to control the nausea until you get a diagnosis.

God bless

My wife is now 32wks pregnant. She had GBR via laparoscopy about six weeks ago when the pain became unbearable and was extremely jaundiced. Four weeks after the surgery she had acute lower abdominal pain that Doctors are not precise about the cause. Over this period she has lost about 4kg. This is worrisome given her haemoglobin status HbSS. Presently, nausea and Diarhea has set in. Pls advise on what can be done.

Hi! I came across this post while trying to help a friend find out what was wrong with her. She has been having the same symptoms since she had her Gallbladder removed 3 years ago. After some research, I think I've found what's causing all the trouble, it's called Postcholecystectomy or PCS, it's a syndrome that is caused by gallbladder removal. It's linked to all types of stomach problems and can effect the liver. You should check with your doctor about this because I read that there is a sugery that can help.

Same exact thing has happened to me. 40lb weight loss since November. Doctors can't tell me what's wrong. Nausea and vomiting and now stomach cramps. I can't stand it. I am afraid to eat because I am so tired of vomiting and feeling bad. So, I don't eat. I am afraid something bad is wrong.

Hi. My mother is 70 yrs old and had her galbladder removed 2 months ago. Since then, she has nausea every day and vomits about every 3 days. She explains to me that the sight of food turns her stomach. She seems to do better in the mornings, but after 12pm, the nausea reappears. She has lost over 15 lbs so far, and can barely keep anything down. Will this get better? I am feeding her bland foods, and staying away from anything greasy or fried. She can barely eat anything. The doctors are baffled and have no idea why she is not better. Even the nausea meds are not working now. Any help is appreciated. I just lost my Dad 10 months ago. I don't want to loose her too.