I've heard somewhere that medical marijuana is good to use when it comes to easing the symptoms of nausea and vomiting after chemotherapy. I am not asking this because of me, my wife always feels really bad after chemotherapy and I wanted to find a way to help her, you know, at least somehow. So I've heard that marijuana is an effective treatment for reducing nausea and vomiting from chemotherapy but I am not sure and I am not going to tell her to give it a try until I am sure that it can help. So does anyone know if it can help?

Hey Guest, 

It is true that medical marijuana is an effective treatment for reducing nausea and vomiting from chemotherapy but I don't think that it is the best solution. I mean, this is not simply what I think, there were actually some studies done which showed that medical marijuana is quite good for reducing nausea and vomiting after chemotherapy and that it is a lot better than some old medications but that it is not so good as some newer medications made for this purpose so I guess that you can find some better ways for your wife to treat this.

If somebody told me before that smoking weed is good for so many things and that it can help you with cancer, I wouldn't have believed him. I was having problems with cancer and after some time a friend of mine recommended me to use marijuana and that it is good for the side effects which are caused by the chemotherapy. I didn't want to do it at first because I never thought that marijuana was any good and it would make me a hypocrite if I would try it, but I eventually tried it and I swear that it helped me in a way I didn't think anything could ever help me.

I don't know, I am not so sure about marijuana because it kind of messes with your head, I mean, I have never tried it but that is what I've heard of and I just want my wife to be okay, you know. 

You mentioned something about some medications which would work better for this matter, ChocolateBar, could you please tell me what are the names of these, can I find them in the pharmacy? If this is really the case, that these medications are better than medical marijuana, then I would probably want my wife to take these medications instead of medical marijuana.

Sure! Don't hesitate trying it. A lot of people just don't believe that this is correct to do, but I am totally against those stereotypes. I was watching my mom in pain while she was going through chemotherapy. She was in a such pain that I just didn't know what to do anymore. Pain, headaches, vomiting and nausea - all that in one day. Watching a person that you love suffering so hard made me do this step. I never believed that marijuana can help in this but it did. My mom is now much better and she is feeling much stronger to fight through her treatment. I would not think twice to use it.

Sure it can help you but you need to know one thing - it can be really messed up because it can affect your mental health. This is a double - edged sword and you need to be extremely careful about this. I know several people who told me that this is an amazing thing because "you don't feel nothing anymore". Some people would say that this is great, but I think that this moment when you start to feel nothing it's not that good. Seek for a proper advice. I am sure that doctors are against it, but maybe you will find one doctor who will tell you a lot of things that you didn't know.

I don't understand what you are talking about because doctors confirmed that marijuana is very effective treatment for reducing nausea and vomiting. Actually, you should know that all cancer or anti-cancer treatment-related symptoms that also include nausea, vomiting, mood disorders, fatigue and other types of pain had significant improvement. Also, there were no significant side effects to the cannabis except for memory lessening of course. 

I was reading so much about this and I found this information that this test was done on more than 105 people who were using marijuana. I don't see why you should not use it if you really feel that bad. 

People are making a huge mistake confusing medical marijuana with illegal marijuana. Folks, it is not the same. You can't compare clean marijuana with junk marijuana. I hope that you understand my point. 

I understand that some people are against it but people used to forget about one fact - the body absorbs medical marijuana quickly because it is similar to the cannabinoids the body naturally produces. I think that this is an explanation that will make you realize what MEDICAL and legal marijuana can help while people are at chemotherapy. Why suffer when you can relieve the pain?

I will never understand that type of people.