i was wondering if anyone knew how to get rid of the weight gain you get from having cervial epidural injections.. i put on 45lbs in less than a year and i barely eat 1500 calories a day.. i was 25y.o. 5ft and weighed 115lbs when i received the injection. now i am 26 5ft 1in and weigh 160lbs... none of my clothes fit my shoes got all tight and i grew an inch which is all weird because i haven't grown since i was 14, then after having 2 of these shots due to car accidents i have grown unbelievably... my bra size went from a 36c to a 40dd and i have tried everything under the sun to help lose weight.... if any1 knows how please let me know.... jlounge69 @ comcast . net

Hi there. I share a similar situation. I was a petite, 105 lbs before the injections and I have gained about 35 lbs. I want to know if I will keep gaining and how to get the weight off. It is frustrating gaining so fast. Can anyone help? I can't wear most of my clothes, comfortably, and even though many people still consider me thin.... I am so self-consious!

I have had 11 over the past 1 1/2 years and gained 42 pounds. Then in Dec my knees started hurting horribly and swelling. Now diagnosed with severe arthritis in the knees and headed for knee replacement surgery at 53! I am now getting injections in the knees, with that Dr telling me to lose weight! Very funny! The last spinal injections did little to nothing in helping. The first knee injections helped for only 2 weeks. Had another today. ( they hurt me waaaay worse than the spinal epidurals, which are not fun either. I want to wait 2 more years for back surgery as it takes upwards to a year to get well and of course it could fail. The dr for the knees said my knee surgery would not help me much until the back is done and will not last my lifetime probably. I am so discouraged. I would be interested in all and any treatments other than these that helped people!

I have had 11 spinal epidural injections over the past 2 years or 1/2, I forget. And, I have gained 42 pounds. I was overweight to begin with, but not obese. Then in Dec, my knees started swelling and causing much pain. Now I am diagnosed with severe arthritis in the knees and headed for knee replacement surgery. I am now getting injections in the knees with the Dr telling me to lose weight. Very funny! The last spinal injections did little for my pain. The first knee injection helped about 2 weeks. I had another today. I also go to physical therapy for both. The knee injections hurt me way more than the spinal, which are not fun either, but I request extra sedation after a very painful one. I had the weakness and nerve pains with the last set as well. I want to wait 2 more years for the spinal srgery as it takes up to a year to recoup and failed back surgeries are not uncommon. The knee doc says the knee replacement won't heal well until the back is done. And, if I have it now, they won't last a lifetime. I am so frustrated and would like to hear all or any altrnative treatments anyone is aware of that works.

This may be a little later of a response than you were looking for but going to a medical weight loss clinic helped me. You need to find one where they give you actual prescription appetite suppressants instead of natural supplements. It takes a little calling around but I have lost 40lbs doing it. I am taking Phentermine, Wellbutrin, and 5TP-carbidopa and it has really worked. Many doctors are afraid to prescribe these because of the Phen/Fen trouble way back when but this is only the "Phen" part and if used correctly you should be fine. Exercise did not work for me. Starving myself did not work. This has been a godsend. Unfortunately losing the weight did not affect my pain levels but at lease I can leave the house without feeling bad about the way I look. :-)