Recently I had a checkup, other than an abnormal pap everything was fine. Now that I'm 37, have finished having children, (tubal 13 yrs ago), my mentrual cycle has changed in duration and flow and unpredictabilty, my gyno now wants to biopsy what is as of now nothing to worry about and this will catch it before it is...to help with the menstual issue, once again we turn to another type of birth control, since I am a smoker, my 2 options are Nova Sure or Depo Shots. I hate needles so that makes me lean towards the other, also, people I've known that take the shots gained weight like crazy, I am trying to lose the weight I've put on over the years, finally starting to have some results.  Now, I think I want to go with the Nova Sure, but dont know if I will gain more, (just lost 30 lbs), but the whole radio trasmitting thing concerns me as I am not really sure what that means...

I am torn and not sure which to go with. If anyone can help please, im listening...

Never gained weight with depo when on it but I was in my 20's then never tried Novasure.  Goodluck