I have been struggling with trying to lose weight after the Holidays. I gained 8-10 lbs over the Holidays. I had the Novasure Ablation November 09. I joined Jenny Craig at the beginning of January and have been sticking to the regimen. I have olnly lost 3.5 lbs. Then it occured to me, that the only thing that has changed in my life was the novasure Ablation surgery. So I found this site and I see that so many other women are struggling with this weight gain as I am after the surgery. My doctor assured me there would be no weight gain. Can anyone give me any advice.

I have decided it is probably not a good idea to Nuke ones uterus. I too have gained weight after the procedure. It is profound. My body is morphing into something I don't even recognize. So much weight in midsection that I never had before and 15 pounds in only six months. It is crazy that doctors say that it has nothing to do with the ablation. I am convinced that they are either lying about it or they just don't know what they are talking about. Let me ask you, Would you have opted for this procedure if you were told you would easily gain 15-30 lbs as I have heard happens (and so far can attest)? I would never have done this if I had known what a negative effect it would have on my body. It is just a money game for them in my opinion. They make thousands of dollars on each 90 second Nuke procedure and we spend the rest of our lives dealing with it. They don't care. Sorry, but as you can probably tell, I am frustrated. I would not recommend this procedure at all. Don't do it!!!!!!

I had my procedure done in April.. since: I have lost 35 lbs and am back to teenage weight of 120. Problem is I am never hungry and try to force myself to eat without any luck. I guess that's great for me but I refuse to buy anything smaller in jeans... nothing fits everything bags... one weekend alone from Friday morning till Monday morning was an eight pound loss.. in under a month for this much to be gone is just too fast. Everything else seems to be working better than the doc expected no cycle, minimal cramping and I actually want to have sex again... my husband didn't think that would ever happen. Best thing is: not one migraine or bad headache since.

please can anyone help me find away to lose the weight after havn the novasure ablation done.....ive gained the weight and hardly eat and i walk alot....im so upset and embaressed by the weight i cry when i go to but my clothes on and they dont fit......when i have my period i get severe pain headaches....please let me know what to do i have stomach aches all the time too. ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Please talk to a medical professional!

moegaeta wrote:

My Dr. told me the same thing. I am struggling and getting depressed about it . I lose a couple pounds then regain it. I had just before the procedure lost 40 pounds. and hate that this has happened. I too was told no weight gain. Im looking to see if others.are going thru this.

I have been gaining steady for over a year now, no matter my eating habits. Before the NovaSure I could easily drop pounds with good eating habits...now nothing seems to budge the weight loss. also, I used to gain all over, and since the procedure, I only gain in my mid-section. Very frustrated here!

I have had the NovaSure procedure, after reading these reviews I was very nervous, I too lost weight 70 lbs on a good exercise and diet program. I didn't want to gain it back. So I decided that since my periods were so bad I was willing to take the chance. The day of the procedure I was tired and a little sore. However, the next day I was back into the gym. Since then I've been back at the gym and eating healthy. I have lost 10 lbs already in one month. My stomach or mid area is still the same before the procedure. I don't think that this procedure made me gain weight it's all about eating habits and exercise. I think that if you are gaining weight you need to try a different exercise or diet routine. I am very happy with the procedure and would recommend it to anyone! So far knock on wood I haven't even had a period some spot bleeding and that is it!

I didnt recognize the weight gain until close to a year later.

I having a nova sure procedure soon and i am worried about gain weight . I have already seen changes in my body with bloating and it is worrying me.

I had a novasure procedure gone as well 2009 prior to this in 08 I lost 75 lbs I too gained about 20 lbs I didn't start gaining until a year later I run about 30 miles a week I gained it all in the belly area as well I eat well little fats mostly chicken breasts and salads its not sure to lazy or gaining back what I lost over just letting myself go it was the procedure please consider this before you do it it's very frustrating and depressing

I hope I lose mine is the 28th of this month.

You need to go to a Medical Weight Loss clinic and Hormone replacement therapy. Find one close to you. I have one that is fabulous. We are just starting to work through my weight gain, but because your hormones have been altered it is effecting your weight. So, you will need to have your thyroid tested to make sure its not over or under producing, but I am currently doing HCG, with Metformin to get my weight down (I had a baby last year and then had the ablation 3 months after). All of my initial pregnancy weight came right off and after the ablation, I gained about 25 lbs back. I still have some work ahead of me, to figure it all our, but I think there is hope for me to fit in my "skinny jeans" again. Good luck!!

I too gained weight and only two months in I also get so hot and red faced I look like a lobster. My nipples are so sore its painful to ware a bra.

HELLO LADIES,I have gained weight to as you all have docs say no connection yet there clearly is one because of all of us ....I had weight and soreness of the booobies to all what you ladies have i do i go to doc try to get help and it feels as though its brushed a side I cant fit into my sz 10 dresses or trousers anymore people think im pregnant.I have gained extra water weight too can get tablets for that either LIVE SUCKs right now