I've been smoking pot of a night (every night) for the past 5 or 6 years. In that time I have become so happy with my weight and havent had to worry about dieting, counting calories or weight gain.

I've finally reached my happy weight and size after struggling with eating disorders for most of my adolescent life. (I'm now 27).

I'm petrified of quitting pot as I'm scared I will start to put weight back on and will end up in that black, lonely place that I was for years. Worrying about food, weight, size and basically having these worries consuming my EVERY waking thought.

I realise this is an odd and off the wall situation but to me its very real and I was hoping someone could give me some advice?

This is not an odd post or an unreal fear. The great news is you are asking for help and you CAN do it.

just write a note to yourself. "I'm a better person everyday" and stick on your fridge or mirror. When you have the will to kick the habbit you have all the will to put your healt/weight/fitness where you want it.

Be realistic in your weight goals. I dont know if you'll gain weight or not. You could or could not. Think of this. less munchies so that's got to be a plus.

From a pure health stand point a couple extra lbs is not a harmful as the effects of pot.

You can do it.

Trade your smoking time for some social physical activity ( a gym or walk, bike ride)

Keep us posted and best wishes

let me get this straight- you've LOST weight since you started smoking weed? i thought everyone got the munchies! there have been times when i've run out of weed for a 1-2 week period and lost 10 pounds. i'd feel soooo sick 'cause i was starving, but even the thought of food would make me nautious. if i forced myself to eat i would just throw up and feel worse. the way i managed was to take things like pepcid ac or extra strength antacids, but nothing takes the pain away like a hit of good herb. as soon as i'd smoke my appetite was back and stomach pains gone. instantly. i don't know how you've lost weight while smoking- i wish i could! i'm always my heaviest (full of ice cream) when i have trees. it's weird how one thing has totally different effects on people. anyway good luck:)

I ALWAY HAD MUNCHES WHEN I SMOKIN WEED NOW IF U PUT A LIL COKE IN IT AND STICK WITH THAT FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS IT WILL MAKEU NOT EAT BUT JUST WEED OR DRO THAT MAKES U HUNGRY.U MUST GOT YOUR DRUGS MIXED UP THAT MIGHT BE CRACK U SMOKING XD XD XD

I know when I quit I lost weight because I used to sit on my *** while stoned and snack.

I was a heavy pot smoker for 8 years. By the time i quit smoking pot i was only 100 pounds. It has been 6 monthes since i quit and i now weigh 154 pounds. If you are going to quit smoking pot, which you should do. You should make sure that you start to eat healthy. You will most likely gain weight if you are not careful. pot increases your matabolism and you must do things like eating several small meals a day to make up for the loss of pot.

^^^^^^^ great news for me, I am at that 8 year/100 lb mark and I'm disgusted with myself, let alone thinking I'm good enough to get an attractive lady.

Good to know in six months I can be back on top :-)

Pot doesn't increase your metabolism- when you quit you'll experience moderate to severe loss of appetite- I lost 15 lbs in less than a month- had stomach bloating and food did not sound good- this is a withdrawl from smoking pot- as are anxiety, depression, and so on (different per user)... Quit and you'll slowly observe your appetite return and weight will return to "normal" if you continue to eat the same things- this is your chance to eat healthy and keep your weight down at your desirable level.

wow. you know im dealing with the same thing. I was smokin non stop for a year and a total of 4 years and ive only quit for like 6 days and iv'e def put on weight. I def lost weght when i was smokin. I know it sounds weird becuz your suppost to do nothing but eat when your high or what not but i def lost a lot of weight in this past year. I'm just really tryna continue to eat right and stuff cuz im def puttin the weight back on. but good luck cuz it does happen.

yeah.. anyone who says that weed makes you gain weight has never been a serious smoker. im 18 and in first year uni..also im female, and ive been smoking almost daily since the end of grade 10. since starting university, i have been smoking much more on a regular basis than i ever have. i do exercise a lot and am a competitive skater.. but i eat whatever i want whenever i want and am at a weight a bit lower than id like to be. i had an eating disorder for years and i dont weigh much more now than i did at my sickest. i have never quit weed lol as i didnt start smoking it that long ago.. so i have no idea what will happen. im sure eating right will be much easier than when youre high so as long as you stay on top of things you should be okay!!

i smoked pot for 15 years.. i was always a slim 7 stone 7 to 7 stone 13.. never went above it..
i quit smoking pot and ciggies and i now weigh 10 stone 10.. i gained over 3 stone within 18 months. i am only 5 foot 1, so i DO believe that quitting the weed has made me gain weight..
Most people i know who are habitual pot smokers (that have smoked for a while) have all lost weight.. I have even been tempted to start again, just to see if i lose weight again.. which i dont really want to do.
My appetite is like a 6 foot 6 mans appetite.. my dilemma now is do i buy diet pills which can be VERY expensive, OR start smoking the pot again..
advice would be good..
Thanks.

weird... ive been smoking heavily for the past 6 mos... and ive gained prolly 30-45 lbs. :-( but recently, ive started a housekeeping business and stopped smoking period. my appetite SUCKS! every morning when i wake up, i feel like im going to barf, but my stomachs empty! i have no desire to eat all day until dinnertime. i do hope my appetite comes back, but i can't wait to lose all the fat!

i was an extremely heavy smoker - 20 to 30 bongs a night and while doing that lost a total of 70kilos...one of my biggest fears when i knew i had to stop was weight gain and unfortunately it came true! i have ballooned back out to an unacceptable weight and now struggle daily with it! I have fights with my mind now that i must start again to loose weight, but now that i am SO much better off not on it! I actually just wish i could go back to when i quit and be alot more cautious about what i ate and when etc...then i would be in an excellent position right now instead of feeling good but miserable! Stopping is a good thing believe me but be really careful how you monitor your weight once you do! from day dot!!!!

Good luck and dont fall into a trap!

I was smoking pot daily for about 2 and a half years.....I was forced to quit due to probation and havent smoked for about 4 months..everything else has pretty much remained the same for me (eating habits, excercise, etc.) besides not smoking.. In those 4 months i have gained about 12-15 lbs....quitting weed is the only reason i can come to

when have weed in your system your heartrate is higher maybe smoking everyday had made you loose weight but stressed your body... I noticed the same thing after quiting weed gained wait easy eating the same foods.