Hi there. So, I assume that I can get some help in here since I can see that you are really active and you have a lot of helpful advices. I am a relatively new patient with heart disease. I was diagnosed with angina and doctors prescribed me GTN spray. I have really bad experiences with sprays, medications and pills and that is why you will understand my concern. Can you tell me what are the side – effects of sublingual GTN spray? Anyone of you had them? Let me know whatever it is, it is better for me to know. Thank you so much.

Hey David,

The GTN spray shouldn't make you any trouble. It is used to provide rapid relief of angina pain, I would advise you that you carry it with you wherever you go.

The only side effect connected with the GTN spray is a headache, and this headache doesn't last long, it usually passes pretty soon. 

Now, this spray is very effective. When you use it, the pain should ease after no more than 15 minutes. If it doesn't ease, if it endures, than you should call an ambulance. The GTN spray is basically the best spray out there for angina pain.

Hey there.

I think that you are worried for no reason, because just like Alan told you, GTN spray can’t cause any harm to you.

Sure, using it can result in severe side – effects such as syncope or even myocardial infarction.  

But also, the most frequent adverse reaction in patients treated with it is headache, which is dose dependent.

Dizziness and fainting can also occur, especially while you are standing.

I believe that those side – effects will be over soon, I mean as soon as your body get used to GTN spray because it is really harmless.

Good luck there mate.

Hello there three of you.

I think that GTN spray is not dangerous at all. Actually, I believe that this is one of the safest sprays or medications that you can use. I am sure that GTN spray, just like all other medications can cause some side – effects but I am sure that this will be over very, very soon.

This spray is going to help you get rid of your chest pain.

So, you really don’t need to be scared. That is my opinion. I have a lot of friends who are using it but no side – effects from them so far.

Hey guys. I am using this spray for almost five years now. I never had any side – effects since I am using it. Of course, I was feeling a little nausea and I had dizziness, but that was all. I don’t consider this as a side – effects, I believe that this is a normal effect when you start to use some medication that is new for you and your body. But I need to tell you one thing. I had one party and I was drinking alcohol at this party. Not a lot, but two or three glasses of martini. I just can’t describe you how nauseous I was feeling. My advice – don’t drink alcohol.

Hey everyone,

Rosaura, I believe that your doctor should have told you that you shouldn't drink or smoke while using a GTN spray. Not just while using it, if you have any heart problems, the first thing your doctor is going to tell you is to stop drinking and smoking.

When it comes to side effects of the GTN spray, I will agree with everything that the others have already told you. I don't think that you should think about the dangerous side effects that Aurora mentioned for they are really, really rare. When it comes to other side effects, they should pass soon after the first usage of the spray.

Hi David,

I read your post and I remembered that my grandma is using this GTN spray. I went to see her yesterday and I asked her if she has any side effects after using it.

She told me that she doesn't feel anything wrong or different after using the GTN spray. She said that she had a headache for the first two or three times when she used it, but not afterwards. She told me that it works very well for her, and that her pain eases after only a couple of minutes.

I don't think that you have anything to worry about when it comes to this spray.

Hey everyone,

It's true, the GTN spray is known for its widespread use with no side effects. Only a headache, which happens in the first few times of use but not anymore late on. I didn't hear of no other side effects but the headache, but as Aurora wrote, the side effects could also be dizziness and fainting. 

When it comes to angina, the GTN spray is usually always suggested by the doctors unless there's some really special case. It is known to work best for angina with a very small number of side effects (usually none) and that is exactly why it is used.