Hey everyone. I am having problems with my angina and it hurts. I went to see my doctor and he told me that the best thing that can help me treating my angina pain is GTN spray. I need to tell you that I never used any medications before. I started to use them three months ago when I found out that I am having angina problems. Now, I went to find the best spray but I was not able because they told me that there are so many GTN sprays. Can you tell me what is the best GTN spray for treating my angina pain? Do you have any recommendation?

Hey Eveline.

Can you remember what medications you were using before? Why doctors prescribed you another one?

And I can’t without asking myself why your doctor didn’t told you what spray to use?

I know just about ordinary spray. You need to spray it once or twice under the tongue when a pain develops.

Close your mouth immediately after using the spay and your pains should be gone after a few minutes.

But of course, before you start to use this treatment you need to consult your doctor and read the manufacturer’s information from inside of your pack.

Ask your doctor to recommend you the best one. 

Hello there. Yes, I am wondering exactly the same thing – why your doctor hasn't prescribed you exactly what you need to use?

You could use nitrolingual pump spray. This spray contains very active ingredient called glyceryl trinitrate. This is a type of medicine called a nitrate and it is used to help your heart to work more easily.

This is very good spray and it is available without any brand name, it is a generic medicine.

There are some pills that work exactly the same like spray, but I would always choose a spray. It is more effective.

Consult your doctor.

Hello guys. I am glad that you are sharing some experiences with me. I don’t know why my doctor didn’t told me about this, why he didn’t told me that which spray is the best. He told me to go to the pharmacy store and to tell them this. So I went there and they told me that the best GTN spray is the only one that they have and that this spray is recommended everywhere. They also told me about those pills but I don’t know how those pills can help me and are they that effective as this spray is?

Hey there guys.

Look Eveline, that is your doctor's mistake, not yours. So you don’t need to blame yourself when you are at the pharmacy store and you don’t know what to seek for. GTN spray is good and there is one that people who are working in the pharmacy store will recommend you. You should take this one because it has positive and good reviews and generally people are satisfied with it. That is your option and you should not change it for pills.

Pills can be effective as well but not as much as this spray, be assured.

Hello everyone.

As far as I know there is one medication that is available and that can help you control symptoms. Now, your doctor can suggest you to take medication to reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke.

My suggestion is glyceryl trinitrate spray. It lasts long and it is very helpful and good choice.

But if you are using it to reduce your angina pain you need to know that you should change your lifestyle because this is very important part of treating your angina.

So, GTN spray (I don’t know which brand is the best) in the combination with good, healthy lifestyle is going to help you a lot.