Hi everyone,

I recently had some tests done, like ECG and similar, in order to determine whether or not I have any heart problems. After the tests were done and the results came, I realized that I was diagnosed with microvascular angina. 

My doctor wasn't there when I received the test results, I picked them up myself so I had no way of talking to the doctor about my condition. Now I'm left with just a few papers that say that I have microvasculat angina and I don't know what it is, nor what should I do.

Can you please tell me what is microvascular angina and how is it treated?

Hi Lisa,

I might be able to help you out with some info, but it's always smarter to talk to a doctor.

This type of angina might be a symptom of coronary microvascular disease (MVD). Coronary MVD is a heart disease that affects the heart’s smallest coronary artery blood vessels. Microvascular angina is caused by spasms within the walls of these very small arterial blood vessels which causes reduced blood flow to the heart muscle leading to a type of chest pain called microvascular angina.

I can't tell you how to treat it, your doctor can you tell you that because he needs to know all of your symptoms. 

Hey guys,

Microvascular angina (sometimes called cardiac syndrome X) results from an abnormality of the tiny arteries within the heart muscle that play a crucial role in regulating blood supply to the heart. Unfortunately, the coronary micro vessels are not visible with an angiogram and therefore cardiologists do not always think about them as a source of the patient’s chest pains so this condition often stays unnoticeable. Luckily for you, you had ECG done. 

Treatment will vary according to the cause of the microvascular angina, but mostly it will consist of lifestyle changes such as improving your diet, doing regular exercise, not smoking, reducing obesity and controlling diabetes.

Hi everybody,

Well, I believe that nobody wrote already that this is not dangerous at all and that there is nothing for you to worry about.

The only thing that is going to happen and what you are already feeling from time to time would be chest pain. Angina is chest pain or discomfort that occurs when your heart muscle doesn't get enough oxygen-rich blood.

When it comes to treatment, glyceryl trinitrate is a medication widely used to provide immediate relief from symptoms of angina. It can also be used as a preventative measure before doing activities known to trigger angina, such as exercise. You can use this one rather than some other medications.

Hello Lisa,

I can agree with Alan when it comes to treatment, I think that glyceryl trinitrate is better than any other medications, believe me, I've tried a few of them myself since I have angina as well.

Glyceryl trinitrate is available in tablet form, which you dissolve under your tongue, or as a spray. You may experience headaches, flushing and dizziness soon after taking glyceryl trinitrate, but this should happen only when you use it for the first few times. You should avoid drinking alcohol while taking glyceryl trinitrate because it can make the side effects worse. 

One more thing: if the pain still endures five minutes after you've used glyceryl trinitrate, call an ambulance.

Good day there.

This is actually a type of angina or chest pain and it can be a symptom of coronary micro vascular diseases. To cut long story short, this is a heart disease that can affect the heart’s smallest coronary artery blood vessels.

Symptoms are chest pain that lasts usually 10 minutes, sometimes longer.

About the treatment – well, the treatment depends on symptoms that you are having and on your condition. Your doctor can prescribe you beta – blockers, aspirins or stains. Also, you should know what you should eat. If that means that you need to cut out the salt, do it.

Good day guys.

I also need to agree with Alan when we are talking about the treatment. Actually, the main goal of medical treatment is just to control the symptoms and to improve the quality of the patient’s life.

But to find the best treatment for the patient, you need to observe the symptoms. You should know your symptoms and how and when to seek medical help. You also should be able to describe the usual pattern of your symptoms. You need to ask your doctor how to control your symptoms, including angina.

It would be much easier.

GL

Hey there guys.

So my friend was using glyceril trinitrate and I know that this is available in several forms, but I just can’t remember which treatment she was using. I am pretty sure that she was using pills as well. She had also some side – effects, but I think that she was suffering from the headache the most. That is why she stopped to use it because she wanted, without doctor’s permission. She started to feel very strong chest pain.

So don’t ever do this.

Maybe you think that this angina is not that dangerous but I am sure that it can be!

Hey there guys.

So my friend Alan is diagnosed with microvascular angina three years ago. I didn’t know what this is but he explained me. At least, he tried to explain to me. Well, people with microvascular angina, also known as cardiac syndrome X suffer the pain when they are doing some exercise. My friend found out that he has this diagnose because he is a fitness instructor and he started to feel pain. The most important thing in the healing is resting. A lot. Let your body rest and talk with your doctor about therapy.

Those are two main things that you need to do.