Hey guys.

I have a few questions for you but since I am new in here I don't know how this works exactly :) Here are what I need to know. I had really hard and sharp chest pain a few days ago. I went to see a doctor and he told me that everything is just fine.

He told me that I should use GTN spray and come again in a few days.

OK, that is not a problem but I want to know what are the ingredients of GTN spray? And how exactly this spray can help me?

Hey there girl.

GTN spray contains very active ingredient – glyceryl trinitrate. This is also a type of medicine called a nitrate. Well, it is used to help the heart work more easily than usually and it is also available without any brand name.

My sister is using this spray as a prevention and to relieve of angina attacks.

My advice is to use it without a fear but you should be aware of some possible side – effects such as dizziness, headaches. But both of those ingredients are temporary and they should be gone soon.

It is very helpful and I do believe that this spray is one of the best sprays on the market. 

Hello there. Well, this is very good and quality spray. You can use it but under one condition – you need to take a dosage that your doctor told you. The active ingredient is like you already know – glyceryl trinitrate. This spray can help you because he is relaxing the muscles of the blood vessels and he also reduces the workload of the heart.

So, did you start to use that spray? I think that you should do this as soon as possible because your doctor told you so.

If you did, what are your experiences? Positive, I hope so :)

Good luck ;)

Hey. I am familiar with this spray, because I know a lot of people with heart and chest pain. This spray is used by people with angina. It helps them to relieve the pain. I know that people use it immediately when they start feeling pain, but it can also be used as a prevention- usually before some events that people recognize as a potential cause that may set off their angina. Those are usually situations that require a lot of physical effort or emotional stress. It can also be used as a prevention when people are exposed to great cold.

The main, active ingredient is glyceryl trinitrate. But there are also some other, inactive ingredients such as: peppermint oil, tetrafluoroethane and ethanol.

It can help you when you are dealing with angina. Like the user above me wrote, it can stop and it can prevent the pain.

This medicine helps to relax the muscle walls of the blood vessels and this way it helps to reduce the workload of the heart.

It can certainly help, but you should also be aware of some side effects that this spray can cause. I have heard that people often have headaches after using it and sometimes nausea and dizziness could occur.

I think this spray is very effective. Has the doctor explained you how to use it and how often?

You’re supposed to use it according to his/her instructions. Just take the spray bottle and direct it in a way that the spray goes under your tongue. Then you press the button and you have released 400 micrograms of glyceryl trinitrate. This happens every time you press the button.

And you should not use it if you are pregnant, if you are breastfeeding, if you are allergic to nitrates or any of the spray’s ingredients.

Never take it if you are taking Viagra. It could be really dangerous.

Hello everyone.

Those are nice and very helpful comments. Thank you.

I was talking about GTN spray today with my friend Penny. She told me that she should use it as well but that she have heard that this spray is really not that effective. I asked her why and she told me that all people that she knows are not satisfied with it.

Now I am reading your comments and I am wondering how this is possible. I mean, I did some research about those ingredients and I found out that they are healthy and that they can’t be harmful to me.

Right?

Hi there.
I am using GTN spray for almost two years now. I am satisfied with it and I would never change it. It is a sublingual aerosol spray (under the tongue) and it contains the active ingredient called glyceyl trinitrate. This belongs to a group of medicine called nitrate. It helps you to relax the muscle walls of the blood vessels and to reduce workload of the heart. Like I already told you I am using GTN spray to treat angina for two years now. But also you can use it for the prevention of angina.
I hope that you can find my information helpful.

It is not harmful even though it has some side effects that are very common after using it. The fact that even pregnant women can use it tells us that it is not so harmful. Actually I am not 100 % sure that pregnant women can use it, but I read about some tests ran on animals that showed that the usage of this spray did not affect fertility nor the offspring.

It can help, but you must be careful about how, when and how often you use it.

Nobody should use this spray without a doctor’s prescription or a suggestion.

Actually pregnant women or women who might become pregnant are not supposed to use this spray. Take it from me, I was pregnant when I had angina troubles and I remember well that my doctor told me not to use it because according to him, the safety of this medicine for pregnant women has not been established. I’m not denying those results of animal testing, I’m just saying that, in spite of that, women who are going to become pregnant should not use it unless told otherwise by a doctor. Only a doctor can determine if the expected benefit of this medicine outweighs any potential risk.