Hello there. I don't know anything about medications or something like that. But I started to have some skipped beats of my heart, sometimes my heart is beating very fast and I don't know what this is. I don't even have a idea what could be the cause since I have really peaceful and calm life. Anyway, I talked to my friend and she is a doctor. She told me that I should go and visit my doctor, but she is almost sure that he is going to prescribe Felodipine to me. What kind of drug it is and for what is used? 

Hey there. You can’t just listen to your friend even if she is a doctor. She can’t tell you what to use without having some tests and analyses. Especially because this drug is prescribed for high blood pressure and angina treatment. Felodipine is a calcium channel blocker and it works by blocking the normal action of calcium on blood vessels and the heart. It also allow the blood vessels to relax, your heart will beat slower and it will pump out less blood.

This drug is used for this but as far as I can understand, you don’t know what your problem is?

Hello Guest,

Take it easy Aurora, her friend is a doctor after all and even though she is a doctor, she told her to go and see her doctor. That sounds like a good and caring friend to me.

Your doctor will give you all the info that you are going to need, Guest. He will also check if you are allergic to any of the felodipine ingredients because an allergic reaction to this medicine can be quite dangerous. He will also tell you what doses should you take and when to take them. He will probably tell you about its side effects but don't pay much attention to that, people rarely have those side effects.

Hi Guest,

Felodipine is a calcium antagonist (calcium channel blocker), it is used for all sorts of heart problems.

Like every other medication, this one has some bad side effects as well. You will probably be frightened of these side effects but there is no need for that, they occur in rare occasions. 

Serious side effects of felodipine include feeling that you might pass out, feeling short of breath, swelling in your hands or feet, fast or pounding heartbeats, numbness or tingly feeling and chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm and shoulder, nausea, sweating and generally ill feeling.

Hello guys,

No need to worry about this medication, Guest, I have been using it for quite some time now and I actually didn't have any of the side effects that Stradivarius mentioned above, although I did have some headaches, but I'm not so sure that they occurred as a side effect of felodipine because I was pretty much stressed when they were happening so that might be their cause.

Felodipine works like charmed when your heartbeat is in question. It is going to return your heartbeat to normal and like I said, you probably aren't going to have any problems with it.

Hey Guest,

Well, if your friend who is a doctor told you to talk to your doctor, then that's definitely something that you should do. Like Adria already told you, your doctor is going to give you all the info that you need when it comes to felodipine. Be sure to tell him if you already had some side effects when using some other medications which were used for heart issues.

Also, I'd advise you to talk to your doctor about a pacemaker. Tell him to tell you more about it and to evaluate if a pacemaker would be the right choice for you.

Hello friends.  Look, you need to know that you shouldn’t use this medicine in case if you are allergic to it. You need to do some tests to see are you allergic to this medicine or not. So, before you even start with this therapy, tell your doctor a lot of details about your heart conditions. You should also know that there are so many other drugs that are interact with felodipine. So, if you are using any other medications (and I am sure that you do) tell your doctor. Also if you are using it you need to control your blood pressure constantly.

Good day there. This is classical calcium channel blockers. I am using it and I am satisfied with it. It works by relaxing your muscles and blood vessels. You asked what it is used for – well, it is used to treat hypertension or high blood pressure. Also, it can be used for other purposes that are not listed in some classic medication guide and your doctor is the best person who can tell you more about this. You should also know that this medicine has side – effects. For example, I had those ugly headaches for almost three months. Now I am fine, but that was awful.

Felodipine is a calcium channel blocker. It works by blocking the normal action of calcium on blood vessels and the heart. This allows the blood vessels to relax, the heart to beat with less force and pump out less blood, and the heart to beat more slowly and regularly.

I think you must listen to your friend as she is a doctor by profession & will not do anything wrong with her profession.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use