Hello, guys. My brother has been working with asbestos for more than 15 years. His doctor has recently discovered he has asbestosis. I don't know much about this condition, but I would like to know about side effects of asbestosis. I would appreciate your replies. I am no medical expert, so keep that in mind.

Hello. Asbestosis is a serious condition. It is more usual to say it has complications, not side effects. It can have some serious complications. One of them is emphysema. Easily put, it is enlargement of air size in lungs. Chronic obstructive disease and congestive heart failure are another possibilities. Asbestosis brings increased risk for malignant diseases such as lung cancer and mesothelioma. I hope your brother won't have any of these complications. He should visit doctor regularly. Bye!