Hello, good people. My grandfather has a serious chronic kidney failure and a doctor recommended dialysis. I know that this will be hard for him and I have heard that there are some side effects. I would like to hear which side effects there are. Thanks in advance for all your replies.

Hello to you too. Dialysis can have side effects, but when it is necessary, there mustn't be a delay. One of the most common side effects is hypotension or low blood pressure. It happens when too much blood fluid is removed. Symptoms are dizziness and nausea. If too much fluid is removed, muscle cramps can appear. Infection is also possible. Clotting can also appear on the access, so dialysis is not possible. Dialysis has an effect on patient's sex life. If any of these side effects appear, you or your grandfather should talk to a doctor.