Good evening, people. My close friend has ended up in a hospital due to gaseous gangrene. Doctors avoid telling me the worst case scenario, so I came here. I would really like to know what the worst prognosis in this case would be. I will appreciate all your replies here. Bye!

Hello. Gaseous gangrene is very serious condition. I would say that the worst case scenario is death. If this condition is left untreated, then a person can die within 48 hours. Even if the treatment is given in time, prognosis is serious. 1 of 8 people, who have gas gangrene and are treated, end up lethal. However, you mustn’t be pessimistic. If your friend has had an immediate treatment, then you don’t need to worry. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hi, everyone. I agree that gaseous gangrene is very dangerous. My neighbor died due to this infection. He didn’t report it on time in hospital. This infection can also have some serious systemic consequences in your body. Shock is one of them. This can damage liver or kidneys. Kidney failure is one of the common complications. There is also possibility of coma. However, you mustn’t think in pessimistic way. Your friend needs you to be strong and be supportive. Good luck!