Hi all, I'm trying to figure out if I have allergies, or some sort of nutritional deficiency or what- I thought I would ask here, to see if anyone else has experienced anything similar... 1. I've always had ears that get plugged regularly. This has always been easily remedied by using olive oil drops, once or twice a week. Around Christmas this year, someone suggested I try mineral oil instead. I did, and it was very effective. However, it also lead to the skin in my ears and outside of my ears becoming very itchy and very dry. I stopped using it, but the itchiness and dryness has remained. 2. Also around Christmas, my nose got very dry. To the point, that when I would blow my nose, there would be blood in the kleenex every time. I attributed this to dry, winter air, and assumed it would go away in the summer. But it hasn't. My nose constantly hurts, and is bleeding. 3. In the last few months, my eyes when I wake up, are so dry, that it hurts to open them. They are sticky and dry for the first half an hour every morning. 4. Most recently- last week- the skin at the corner of my lips cracked and won't heal, and my lips have become quite chapped. I've had chapped lips in the winter before, but never during the summer. I drink four litres of water a day, so I can't possibly be dehydrated. And I eat pretty well, and don't drink excessively. Does anyone have any idea what is happening to me? I miss having lubrication in my head!!! Thanks!

Hello

You should get checked out by a doctor as the symptoms could be Sjogrens or arise from a number of other conditions. Blood tests should tell.

hi katherinerine,

I've got the same problem with my nose lately. It's very dry when I wake in the morning, and I can feel something inside (i assume it's dried blood...?). I also had chapped lips. :-(
At first I thought it's because of the cold and dry winter...but it's been going for almost 2 months. Then I realised I have been eating quite a lot of sultana! Everyday! While driving home from work. :$
So I stopped eating them for a couple of days, and my nose isn't as dry as before! I am not sure if the sultana was the only thing that caused the dryness. 8-|
You might need to check your food/snack, and make sure they're not food that can raise the heat in your body, as sultanas do.

I hope this helps. Good luck! ;-)

I am interested in what the person said about sultanas increasing heat in the body. Can they explain what that means. I have severe problems with sultanas and other dried fruit and would like to understand more

I have the same problem, I've always had health problems, ie..asthmatic bronchitis, allergies..ect. and I have a low immune system, but the past month, we've had the heater on in the house constantly, it's been pretty cold here, and Texas is known for it's humidity and weather. Well, I've been having chunks of dried boogers and blood in my nose, sometimes it's actual blood, not dried. I've never had nosebleeds, but I am a smoker. I have read that there is something similar to sinusitis called rinisitis or rinusis something like that. You may want to check into it on the internet. I have not been diagnosed, and I have not been to the doctor, but it sounds very similar to that stuff.

Me, too. My eyes get so dry I put oil in them in the middle of the night. My nostrils get so dry, I put oil in them before bed. My lips? I put Dax hair wax on them. Sometimes when I chew, my ear hurts or itches internally. This has been going on for about a year now. I finally told my doctor. She said it is an allergic reaction. She gave me Claritin and it helped, but I wonder what new in the environment is causing this. I Googled "dry eyes" and chemtrails as I've noticed abnormal steaks of white clouds above. Who knows?

i have dry nose when its near evening and night but i dont know why %-)

I have been plagued with this problem for about 6 years now ------ my doctor sent me to an allergist who told me that allergies are usually juicy in nature, so didn't really have a clue, but sent me home with about 4 different inhalers -- then my doctor thought maybe i had sjogren's - but the specialists ruled that out. The latest blood tests showed my eosiniphil count way elevated - in the 300's and he wants me to go back to the stinkin' allergist. It would seem to be auto-immune in nature -

The severity of the symptoms comes and goes - but right now i'm absolutely miserable - everything dry coupled with loss of appetite and exhaustion.

Anyone out there have any ideas?

Have your house checked for mold. That's what was happening to me before I discovered this. Good luck!

have you guys tried using humidifiers? usually because of the heating systems at night a lot of dry air accumulates in the room causing dry mouth, nostrils and eyes. also for the guy who posted this about the dry eyes.. do you wear contacts and sleep with them? also, if you do experience bleeding, try not to blow your nose too hard or pick at it alot because you can scratch the lining of your nose and cause bleeding... also again to the guy posted this thread , if your mouth hasn't healed or takes long time to heal you should go to your doctor and check your blood work because sores or wounds that don't heal quickly are usually signs of immunologic problems... do you have other wounds that take long to heal?

Lately my lips have been chapped to the extent where I can not open my mouth very wide, I have been using Blisteze for AGES!! Behind my ear lobes are the worst, they get all oozy & the dry skin is very bad. I dont know what to use to get rid of it llas I have tried everything :-(

Hi all-
I have been having the same problems with my nose and lips.  All times during the day with nose is bone dry and feels cracked inside.  So dry it hurts to wrinkle it.  It also bleeds sometimes, but not like drip drip bleeding, just a little blood on the inside.  My lips are also really dry.  I've been using a number of things- Blistex, Chapstick Moisture (the liquid kind), and Aquaphor.  Also my legs are so dry they appear cracked. Maybe I'm not drinking enough water?

It sounds ear, nose and throat related. If you look at the body as a system and not as a mere collection of parts, the solution to your ailments must address the body system as a whole in order to be effective. And following from this, any part of the whole (i.e., ears, nose, eyes, etc.) could affect the entire system (potentially making it difficult to assess the root of the problem). However, since the health issues you are having began with your ears,it sounds like your ear canal may not be completely clear and that your sinuses in general are not draining sufficiently. Specifically, perhaps the drainage of toxins down your ear canal into your throat (from your eyes/ears) are impeded.

A good detox program could help. Have you heard of the Gerson's therapy?

get your doctor to chech for celiac desease

Dehydration & dryness are not necessarily the same thing. Increased hydration minimizes dehydration. Increased omega-3 oil intake minimizes dryness.

For example, tears consist of water and oil. Many factors can contribute to eye dryness, including but not limited to improper/inadequate nutrition, fatigue, evaporation, medication, aging, etc. Even extended computer use which limits blinking can increase dryness.

Consistently supplement the diet with omega-3 oils for reduced dryness.