Hello, I am a mother of two kids, boys of two and four years of age. They are both very dynamic and energetic and they really don’t think much before doing something reckless. And sometimes, even though punished, they still repeat the same thing. How am I supposed to deal with them? I know they are both very smart and maybe there is the problem. What do you think about the intelligence tests for children?

Well, I am not certain how determining the IQ of your kids will help you in making them less, well, playful. Perhaps knowing they are very intelligent will give you some sort of satisfactory, but it will not help you make them listen to you. And those tests are useful, not only that they reveal the mental skills and abilities of the kids, but they also might point to some disorder and possible future problems.