Hi, folks. My friends have a kid with Down syndrome. I know how difficult this must be for them. I wonder what IQ range of Down syndrome children is. I hope this won’t bother you for answering. I would really appreciate if anyone could reply to me for this. Thank you in advance. Bye!

Hello, there. Down syndrome is a congenital disorder. These people have three instead of two chromosomes No. 21. Mental retardation is just one of the characteristics. IQ range is from 20 which is a severe mental retardation to 85 which is low normal. Their learning abilities are equivalent to regular kids between 6 and 8 years old. Sometimes, this mental retardation can manifest later. I hope this helps. Try to support your friends. Bye!

Hallo,
Down syndrome is a condition that will affect a child’s whole body, on mental and physical basis. Now considering physical appearance there will be some characteristics that are common in children with Down syndrome like small teeth, flattened nose, short neck and shortened hands. There will also be a problem with heart because this syndrome increases chances of congenital heart diseases. Now considering the mental aspect of this syndrome the IQ in children with Down syndrome can be in moderate cases from 50 to 70, but in more severe cases it will be less and it will go from 35 to 50. As you can see this condition has a great effect on children’s mental abilities.