Hello, my wife and I are worried for our two year old son. He did say some words, but for now he did not say any sentence. Is that even possible in his age? When does child start to speak short sentences? Should we be worried for him if he does not speaking more in some near future?

Many people connect speaking ability with intelligence and that is not comparable. This means that I know people who did not start speaking until they were four and they are normal, highly intelligent people now. Therefore, both of you don’t have to worry much, everything will be just fine and your son will soon start talking, even more than you would like!

Hi there,
He is still very young and some children need more time to develop their cognitive skills. YOU have to understand that you need to work with him more on this and you need to pay more time in learning him how to pronounce words and how to put complete sentences all together. Also if he has some other problems with his behavior you might consider to see a specialist for this issue and to avoid any further complications. My guess is that he will be able to speak sentence in short period of time just be patient with him and work with this as much as you can on this issue.

Best wishes,
Marco