Hi. I think my child has dyslexia. He has problems understanding what he hears. He can`t recognize both letters and words on printed pages. His reading abilities are way below the expected level for his age (8). Are there some tests to confirm if he has dyslexia?

Hi. My son is 7 years old and he has exactly the same symptoms. He was diagnosed with dyslexia on the base of these symptoms. I know there is no such thing as tests for dyslexia. Diagnosis includes evaluation of his medical, cognitive and sensory processing and psychological factors. Also, there is no cure. Nobody knows how to correct this brain malfunction. Therapist may use some techniques involving vision and hearing to improve his reading skills. The most important thing you can do for him is to be supportive, to talk with your kid and to make him easier to learn.

I am fourteen years old I have trouble remember what I have studied, mixing up letters and words, when I talk I have to stop and think, and I make up different words without evefreaky zing it and I have trouble with number I get them mixed up does this mean I have dyslexia