in oreder for it to stunt your growth?

I'd say long enough for it to stunt your spelling. ;-)

ORDER :-)

Sorry, that one was too easy. XD

I'm not sure about the answer to that question but I'd definatley advise waiting on the weed until you are done growing. Anything you do to alter your brain chemistry while you are still growing (under mid 20's) can have serious life altering affects that will stay with you. Life is complicated enough in your teenage years, I'd hate to complicate it more with addiction.

If you are goign to smoke anyway, just try to limit it as much as possible and closely monitor yourself to make sure it is not taking over your life.

yes i'm not addicted, and do not even have weed.
but it is fun sometimes at partys and stuff.
id say that ive smoked like 1 every 2 weeks for the past 3 months.
im quitting now tho. just until im done growing.
do you think that ive smoked enough to do something to my growing?

I doubt you've done any harm with just a few exposures and I think you are making a great choice by holding off for now. It can seriously lower your testosterone levels and lead to all sorts of erection difficulties so it's probably best to leave alone for as long as you can avoid it.

I smoke weed every single day and I'm 15 and 5'7. Didn't harm me.

The jury is still out on that one Lucy.

lol what exactly do you mean by that?

Cannabis has some very real, harmful effects on your mind and body. It also creates longer-term problems, and can make you feel very anxious and can even make you paranoid.  It has also been linked to serious, long-term mental health problems, as well as tuberculosis and lung cancer.

Mental Impacts

• It can freak you out - it can cause feelings of anxiety, suspicion, panic and paranoia.
  • It can cause a serious relapse with illnesses such as schizophrenia
  • Regular use can lead to developing psychotic illnesses (e.g. schizophrenia) - increased risk with a mental illness family background
  • It can affect the way the brain works.
  • Regular, heavy use leads to difficulties learning and concentrating, and motivation lack
  • Has been linked to poor exam results.
  • A serious risk if you’re young, when the brain is still developing.
  • Car driving under the influence of cannabis can nearly double the risk of a crash.

Physical Impacts

• Makes asthma worse
  • Can cause wheezing in non-asthmatics
  • Can lead to lung cancer.
  • Can increase the heart rate and affect blood pressure
  • Frequent use of cannabis may affect fertility, cutting sperm count and suppressing ovulation in women.
  • Smoking cannabis during pregnancy may increase the risk of your baby being born smaller than expected.

I think Shepherd just made my point.

That is true but not ALL people will get ALL those side effects. I've never had any of those side effects and I've been smoking for many years almost every day.

Dear Lucy
Of course not all will get all those side effects. But can you honestly say you have not had feelings of anxiety or panic? However, you may be too young for the effects to have been worked out noticeably in your life. Some of these are long term effects. I would urge avoidance of cannabis. Think of the impact it might be having on your baby, even as passive smoker.

Read the article on this site:

"Teenagers Who Smoke Weed Regularly May Damage Their IQ"

www.steadyhealth.com/articles/Teenagers_Who_Smoke_Weed_Regularly_May_Damage_Their_IQ_a2420.html

So it seems to stunt your intellectual growth