I have problems with diarrhea. It seems that I have caught a cold. Diarrhea has started yesterday and it continues to bothers me. I suspect the cold because I have waked up yesterday and my blanket was beside me. But on the other hand it can be due to bad water. Anyway I have been suggested to take Imodium. But I don't like to take medications just like that I like to know how they work. So can you tell me what exactly does Imodium do in your system?

The exact thing you need right now. It affects the nerves in your intestines. Those nerves are used to stimulate the muscles to move food and fluid through your intestines. In that way Imodium will help you to restore your body's natural digestive process. Do not be afraid you will be fine it will only help you. Just take 4 mg as a start and additional 2 mg after each bout of diarrhea. Do not take it more then 16 mg daily.