Hi, my sister is 27 years old and she is pregnant. Yesterday she got diarrhea and she was thinking to take Imodium but she is not sure if it is ok because of her baby. I am also not sure about it so I would like to hear from someone who had similar experience if it is ok. Thank you very much.

Hi, Imodium is medication which helps you to stop diarrhea and provide more time for intestines to take substances from food. It also prevents dehydration. Imodium is not for unborn baby but it is not sure if mother may breastfeed her baby while she is on Imodium. It would be good to ask your doctor about it.

I don't think you should take any Imodium. Cause I tried it a few days ago and im in my early pregnancy and it did stop the diarrhea but my stomach had sharp pains in it afterward for a couple of days. So I don't think it is safe.

hello everyone i have the same problem with dhiarrea in my pregnancy and i just called the obgyn and they told me yes you can take imodium when you are pregnant just to drink lots of clear liquids with it so that way you don't get dehidrated. hope this helps everyone!

The stomach pains are a side effect of the medication:

Less serious side effects may include:

dizziness;

drowsiness, tired feeling;

constipation;

mild stomach pain; or

mild skin rash or itching.