i have been on methadone for two years and my sex drive is next to none. I'm only 25 years old and used to have a great sex drive. It seems like my sex drive died after beginning methadone and never bounced back. I am now in the process of getting off of methadone ( which sucks horribly). It's been 5 grueling days and counting. But anyways, i knew i was in for a really painful ride. But if anyone knows about the sex drive question, please let me know. Thanks

hi 420 its funny ive been having the same affects now for 4 years im 55 y-old been on meth for 6 years and the desire and the craving has vanish that has cause me to stay single now 5 years im only on 25 milg.but so i thought i share this with you ok chao eddie . :-P

i have been i the program 501 days clean of my oxy,roxys u name it..

im a freak and have a hard time showing it>>> Its like trying to shoot poll with a rope!!! I tried 50 mg of viagra didnt work. I heard tour testosterone drops big time.. i guess i will have to see doc.

yes it does affect ur sex drive but it will come back you should notice it comeing back every time you reduce your methadone unless your on a really high dose once your down to 20 30ish you will start to notice

I'm currently on 5 mg of methadone every 8 hours, I take it for pain management. Even as low as 5 mgs, I've noticed a big difference in my sex drive. I am only 25 years old as well, I almost died from a motorcycle accident. Now I have random excruciating flare ups, from the nerves, my doctors prescribed methadone to help me manage the pain. Instead of long term oxycodone, hydrocodone etc. 

Ive was on oxy and all the other pharms and still was player player...but heroin killed it but id still think about it and go get me some here and there...but the done killed it. I only did a 30mg taper down to 2mg a day but no drive at all even at 2mg...I stopped taking it for 3 days but I couldnt sleep at all and I need sleep to work...so I guess im gonna finish my bttle and see a dr abt sleep meds to help kick this last part...but I do know opiates fill the same receptors so it will bounce back just takes time

Dude day 5 u won't go into full withdraws for another 5-9 days and it aint good. Now in about 3-4 weeks a breeze will make u get hard, turned on turned on hornay

side effect Methadone, like all opiates, can make you feel a little bit sleepy. This sedation tends to lessen as you get more accustomed to using the medication over time. You may feel excessively sleepy when your daily dosage is too high.

Ive been on 0 mg meth for 4-5 yrs. Now. I tapered myself down to 1/2 of 1 pill every other day but it hasnt helped yet. Why. Im only 63 an got alot left in me i know.

mastercynic420 hope you managed to get off the m.done. good luck for your future. . ive been on it for 12 years and would love to be off the sh*t !

Was it horrible to kick?? I'm in the process and very scared

Don't do it just cold Turkey hun trust me u will feel like u want to die do it slowly plz

U can talk to me anytime my name is Kay..

yes it's very difficult to kick reason is it takes very long time other opiates like Oxycontin which is in reality synthetic heroine have much more intense withdrawal but it doesn't take long on other hand methadone has less intense withdrawal but it takes weeks to get through so whoever wants to kick it cold turkey he better be ready for lots of misery

Completely not true