i took 40 mg of methadone in 2 days. 20 mg on thursday and 20mg on friday. i have a pee test monday night around 5:30pm. If I fail it I will go to jail. Does anyone have any experience with this and maybe some honest truth about I should be worried? Thanks.... Amanda

i think i m not reaching you in time but methdone stays in your system for a while unlike percoset or hydrocodone it stays threee days but methodone keeps working for 72 hours so im not sure if you only did it twice it should b e out realy quick. did you pass your piss test?

everyone passes drugs differently,factors such as hepatitisa,b,c,how much water intake.drink lots of water!!!!!!!are you on a methadone clinic?certain states will doser if your on a program.If you are pregnant protocol would be methadone for fear of losing baby during withdrawals,of opiates.LOTS OF WATER,and LOTS OF LUCK!!!!!

listen amanda this ur fahja simple as this, dont use methadone 2 frikkin days before ur probation appt. if ur gonna take chances ask ?s first then do it not the other way around. u got this sh*t ass backwards. obviously u wasnt worried when u took the sh*t so worry after. use ur head for thinkin not a methadone disposal center holla big daddy wuwu

I am sorry to tell you but Methadone can stay in your system up
to two weeks. Its half life is longer than 48 hours, so you are diffently in trouble and I am sorry. Was it possible that you already knew this and wanted to get caught? Good luck and when you get out maybe you won't feel the need for the methadone.

:-) Shazzaaaa; I am sure that you are aware that methodone does not have the half of life of 48 hrs. like some people presume. I am not trying to discourage u, however it takes up to 2 weeks to completely get out of your system. Granted, I know (from experience) it is not easy to kick. Someone mentioned Subutex

just to let you know they dont test for Methadone, it cost to MUCH!

it all depends. it is possible to flush your system drink lots of water and exercise to the point of perspiration if possible. even though the half life is 48hrs. to five days that doesn't really matter if its not built up in your system. you do have the chance to flush it out as long as it is not built up over a period of time. you did make things harder by taking two consecutive doses so that is exactly what you're dealing with is chance. my advice stop the use of all narcotics when on probation! drink lots of water could be out in 72 hrs. standard time for any pill to exit the system regardless of half life when you dont keep using. if you cant stop than u need to get into rehab coupled with maintenence treatment like suboxone not methadone much easier to taper off when ready if you don't have a problem just stop being stupid you are the reason real addicts withreal problems deal with the stereotype that we just don't care when we do....best of luck!!!

first of all no drug test test for methadon unless they know the should. it is not in ANY standerd drug test at all. I know b/c i give test every day.

are you sure bc i took it before my drug test and i showed up positive for opiates and i thought it showed up as morphine aneways i failed it for some reason do you think you could answer this?

Its a u-opiode it shows up different than opiates, on my test here, if I drink my methodone, it DOES not show up as a opiate.

I am a lab tech and anybody that says that they dont test for methadone for probation is an id**t. YES THEY DO!

I was on methadone for 8 long years after having 27 surgeries and being too poor to afford oxycontin without insurance , my doctor felt he was doing me a favor. Well after 4 years clean I had to have three more surgeries and am now on oxycodone 30mg 3 x's a day, (folks its like taking a drink of water compared to my methadone) so I F@#$ed up. I ran out of oxycodone days ago and started taking some methadone to keep myself from pain and withdrawal, now I have 14 days to get this out of my system! I know for a fact that when I went off the methodone to begin with ,I still tested positive for four months straight without ever taking any, so it does store up in my body BIGTIME. Now what do I do my dr. takes blood and urine monthly and I am positive that she is 110% against the use of methadone for any reason. Any suggestions besides calling me an id**t?

Learn to spell

Im glad someone was smart enough to let these idiots know!! I failed a probation drug test for taking one methadone, 6 months ago!! that will never happen again.