my daughter is on 30 mg of methadone a day and wants to quit. At this small dose will she have severe withdrawals? she has been on it for 6 months or so. she was addicted to oxycotin and heroin. she plans to taper off 5 mg aday for the next 2 weeks

Hello i was on 40mg daily at the clinic and i to was on oxycotin. The methadone was getting so expensive 400 a month i had to quit. I decided to quit cold turkey. I am now on day 7 and i feel really good. I didnt sleep for the first 5 days and that was the worst thing being up by myself alone. So i finally made it through to the 6th day i started to feel a little better and i finally got some sleep. Throughout those 6 days i have been taking medicine for all my withdraw symptons.
I took leg cramp with quinine, I took Milk Thistle for my liver.
I took Potassium pills for my nerve & muscle. I took L-Glutamine for my immune system. Flax seed oil for cardiovascular system and digestive heath and joint heath. I took Valerian Root for sleep and for nerves. It really dont help you sleep but it did with my nerves. Phenegran helps sleep . I did get really bad head aches and i took excedrin. Imodium advanced for diarrhea. This really sounds like a lot but takin these vitamins and stuff really helped my system and with my withdraws. Day 7 from 40mg cold turkey and i feel like a new person already. If i can do it then i know your daughter can. Dont let her give up even if she is crying her eyes out if she gets in a lot of pain the take her to the hospital and they will help her. They did me. Best of luck to the both of you I really hope that she can get off the methadone it really is just some POISON.